Article 15 of Circular No. 58/2020/TT-BCA has listed 11 cases where vehicle registration certificates and license plates will be revoked. Procedures for revocation of vehicle registration papers and license plates will be detailed by the Vehicle Registration Authority to the vehicle owner through the phone number and email contained in the vehicle registration data that the vehicle owner has declared. Below are detailed information about 11 cases of vehicle registration certificates and license plates being revoked and procedures for revoking vehicle registration papers and license plates.
11 cases of having vehicle registration papers and license plates revoked
1. The vehicle is damaged beyond use or the vehicle is destroyed due to objective reasons.
2. Dismantle the engine and frame to replace another vehicle.
3. Vehicles temporarily imported by foreign agencies, organizations or individuals are re-exported or transferred in Vietnam.
4. Vehicles exempted from import tax, now transferred to another purpose.
5. Vehicles registered at special economic-commercial zones or international border-gate economic zones according to the Government’s regulations when re-exporting or transferring into Vietnam.
6. The vehicle is stolen, appropriated and cannot be found. The vehicle owner requests the revocation of the vehicle registration certificate.
7. The vehicle has expired; vehicles are not allowed to circulate according to the provisions of law; The vehicle has the conclusion of the competent authority that the engine number, chassis number or engine number or chassis number have been cut, welded or chiseled.
8. Vehicles registered but not in accordance with the license plate system specified in this Circular.
9. Vehicles subject to title transfer or ownership transfer.
10. Military vehicles no longer need to issue civilian license plates.
11. The vehicle has been registered, but the vehicle records are fake or the license plate is not issued in accordance with regulations.
Procedures for revoking the latest vehicle registration and license plates
The recall procedure will be carried out when there is coordination between the vehicle owner and the police agency.
When your vehicle is subject to the revocation of license plate and vehicle registration certificate, the Vehicle Registration Authority will notify about this in many different forms.
When the vehicle owner has received the notice, he/she shall return the vehicle registration certificate and license plate number to the competent authority.
In case of loss of vehicle registration certificate, license plate or both, the vehicle owner must make a clear statement.
If the vehicle has expired, the vehicle is damaged and cannot be used, or the vehicle is destroyed due to objective reasons, it is necessary to submit an online declaration using the link below.
After filling in all information and accompanying documents, the vehicle owner shall submit the registration certificate and license plate number to the vehicle registration agency or directly to the commune-level police station where he/she resides.
When the competent authority receives and revokes the vehicle registration certificate and license plate, then issues a certificate of revocation of registration and license plate to the vehicle owner.
The time limit for dealing with the issue of a certificate of revocation of registration and license plate number shall not exceed 2 working days from the date the competent authority receives a complete and valid application.
In case of loss of vehicle registration certificate and license plate number, the police agency will publicly post and notify the loss of vehicle registration certificate and license plate. After 30 days, if the vehicle owner does not make a complaint or denunciation, it will be resolved to revoke the vehicle registration certificate and license plate number.