In the next article in the series of common Excel functions below, Taimienphi.vn will introduce you more about CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel, return the KPI attribute.
Also to learn about some other Excel functions like CUBEVALUE, CUBESET function in Excel. Readers can refer to some articles already on Taimienphi.vn. In this article Taimienphi.vn will provide information, examples related to CUBEKPIMEMBER function In Excel, return the KPI attribute.
Description of CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel
The CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel returns the KPI attribute (key performance indicator attribute) and displays the KPI name in the cell. KPI is a quantifiable measure, such as monthly gross profit or number of employee turnover, used to track performance in an organization.
Note: UBEKPIMEMBER is only supported when the workbook is connected to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services or a newer data source.
The CUBEKPIMEMBER function syntax in Excel, returns the KPI attribute
The CUBEKPIMEMBER function syntax in Excel, which returns a KPI property, looks like:
CUBEKPIMEMBER (connection, kpi_name, kpi_property, )
– Argument Connection is required. Text string name of connected to block.
– Argument Kpi_name is required. Text string the name of the KIP in the block.
– Argument Kpi_property is required. The KPI component is returned and may be one of the following:
If KPIValue is specified for kpi_property, only kpi_name will be displayed in the cell.
– Argument Caption is optional. Alternate text strings are displayed in cells instead of kpi_name and kpi_property.
A few notes with the CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel, returns the KPI attribute
– When CUBEKPIMEMBER evaluates, it will temporarily display the message “#GETTING_DATA …” in the cell before all data is retrieved.
– To use KPI in calculations, specify the CUBEKPIMEMBER function as a member_expression argument in the CUBEVALUE function.
– If the connection name is not a valid workbook connection stored in the workbook, the CUBEKPIMEMBER function will return the #NAME ?. If the Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server is not running, is not available, or returns an error message, CUBEKPIMEMBER returns the #NAME ?.
– CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel returns the # N / A error when kpi_name or kpi_property are invalid.
– The CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel may return the # N / A error if you reference a session-based object, such as a calculated element or set name in a PivotTable when connection sharing and a PivotTable are deleted or moved. Convert a PivotTable to a formula. (In the Options tab, in the Tools group, click OLAP Tools, and then click Convert to Formulas.)
For example, the CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel, returns the KPI attribute
= CUBEKPIMEMBER (“Sales”, “MySalesKPI”, 1)
= CUBEKPIMEMBER (“Sales”, “MySalesKPI”, KPIGoal, “Sales KPI Goal”)
The above article Taimienphi.vn has just introduced you to CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel, returns the KPI attribute. In addition, you can learn more about functions like the Index or Match functions in Excel, especially when combining the Index and Match functions, the problem will be solved a lot faster when applying solitary functions, you refer to the article Combine the Index and Match functions here.