In the previous articles, Taimienphi.vn introduced you to CUBEVALUE function and some other Excel functions of Cube function group, in the following article, Taimienphi.vn will introduce you more about CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel, return the price. value of the element attribute in the block.
The CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel returns the value of the element attribute in the block. To learn more information about the CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function, examples and how to use the function, read the next article of Taimienphi.vn.
Description of the CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel
CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY is one of the Excel functions in the Cube group. The Excel CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function returns the value of an element attribute in the block. The function is used to validate the name of an element that exists in the block and return the attribute specified for this element.
CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function syntax in Excel, returns the value of the element attribute in the block
CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function syntax in Excel has the form:
CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY (connection, member_expression, property)
– Argument Connection is required, is the text string of the name connected to the block.
– Argument Member_expression is required. Text string multidimensional expression (MDX) of an element in a block.
– Argument Property is required. The text of the attribute’s name is returned to the function that refers to the cell containing the name of the property.
Some notes with CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel
– When CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY evaluates, it will temporarily display the message “#GETTING_DATA …” in the cell before all data is retrieved.
– If the connection name is not a valid connection stored in the workbook, CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY will return the #NAME ?. If the Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server is down, unavailable, or returns an error message, CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY will return the #NAME? Error.
– If member_expression syntax is incorrect or if the element specified by member_expression does not exist in the block, CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY returns the # N / A error.
– The CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function may return a # N / A error if you reference a session-based object such as a calculated element or set name in a PivotTable when connection sharing and a PivotTable are deleted or you convert a PivotTable successful recipe. (in Options tab, in Tools group, click OLAP Tools, then click Convert to Formulas).
– The CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function will not work with modified Excel Data Model in Power Pivot, because they are not multi-dimensional blocks.
For example, the CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel, returns the value of the element attribute in the block
Here are some examples of the CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel, which returns the value of the element attribute in the block:
= CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY (“Sales”, “[Time].[Fiscal].”, $ A $ 3)
= CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY (“Sales”, “[Store].[MyFavoriteStore]”,”[Store].[Store Name].[Store Sqft]”)
The above article Taimienphi.vn has just introduced you to the CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY function in Excel, returns the value of the element attribute in the block. Besides, readers can learn more some functions in Excel such as ISNA, CUBEMEMBER function in Excel, … If you have any questions or questions, please leave your comments in the comment section below the article, Taimienphi.vn will answer your questions. as soon as possible.
Using the first letter uppercase function in a spreadsheet of up to thousands of rows will save you a lot more processing time than manually doing one string at a time, the syntax and how to do it with the Case function. How is the first one in the spreadsheet, please follow the article we’ve shared before.