The following article Taimienphi.vn will introduce you to CUBESET function in Excel, determine the set of calculated elements, related information, examples and how to use CUBESET function in Excel.
Out CUBESET function in Excel, specify the set of elements to be calculated. Readers can refer to some other articles already on Taimienphi.vn to learn more information about FILTERXML and CUBEKPIMEMBER function in Excel.
Describe the CUBESET function in Excel, identify the set of elements to be calculated
The CUBESET function in Excel determines a calculated element or a set by sending a collection expression to a block on the server, creating a set, and then returning that set to Microsoft Excel.
The syntax of the CUBESET function in Excel, determines the set of elements to be calculated
The CUBESET function in Excel, which determines the set of calculated elements, has the syntax:
CUBESET (connection, set_expression, , [sort_order], [sort_by])
– Argument Connection is required. Text string name of connected to block.
– Argument Set_expression is required. The Set_expression text string returns the result as a collection of elements or sets. Set_expression can also be a cell reference to an Excel range containing one or more elements, sets, or sets included in that set.
– Argument Caption is optional. The text string displayed in the cell instead of the comment, if there is a comment specified in the block.
– Argument Sort_order is optional. The sort, if any, needs to be implemented and can be one of the following:
The default value is 0. Sort Alpha for a set of sets will sort by the last component in each set. For more information about this different sort order, you can visit the Microsoft Office SQL Analysis Services help system.
– Argument Sort_by is optional. Text strings with values to sort. For example, to get the list of cities with the highest revenue, set_expression will be a set of cities and sort_by will be a measure of sales. Or, to get a list of cities with the largest population, set_expression will be a collection of cities and sort_by will be a measure of population. If sort_order requires sort_by and sort_by are ignored, CUBESET returns the #VALUE! Error value.
Some notes with CUBESET function in Excel, which determines the set of elements to be calculated
– When the Excel CUBESET function evaluates, it temporarily displays the message “# GETTING_DATA …” in the cell before all data is retrieved.
– If the connection name is not a valid workbook connection stored in the workbook, CUBESET function will return the #NAME ?. If the Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server is not running, is not available, or returns an error message, CUBESET returns the #NAME ?.
– If the syntax of the set_expression function is incorrect or the set contains at least one element whose size is different than the others, CUBESET returns the # N / A error.
– If set_expression is longer than 255 characters, which is the limit for the function argument, then the CUBESET function will return the #VALUE! Error. To use text strings longer than 255 characters, enter the text string in the cell (limited to 32,767 characters), then use the cell reference as an argument.
– The Excel CUBESET function may return the # N / A error if you reference a session-based object, such as a calculated element or named set, in the PivotTable when connection sharing and the PivotTable are deleted. or convert a PivotTable to a formula. (In the Options tab, in the Tools group, click OLAP Tools, and then click Convert to Formulas.)
For example, the CUBESET function in Excel, determines the set of elements to be calculated
Here are some examples of CUBESET functions in Excel, identifying the set of calculated elements:
= CUBESET (“Finance”, “Order ([Product].[Product].[Product Category].Members,[Measures].[Unit Sales], ASC) “,” Products “)
= CUBESET (“Sales”, “[Product].[All Products].Children “,” Products “, 1,”[Measures].[Sales Amount]”)
So the article above Taimienphi.vn has just introduced you to the CUBESET function in Excel, determine the set of elements to be calculated. In addition to CUBESET, readers can refer to a number of other articles on Taimienphi.vn to learn more about some other common Excel functions.
With a data list of names up to thousands of rows, you receive a request to edit, edit the first name capitalization, you can not do it manually one by one, at this time, the function capitalizes letters The first function in Excel will be your special assistant, the first letter uppercase function includes the functions PROPER, UPPER, depending on the purpose of use, but you combine the two functions together.