USB has many advantages over removable storage devices by other standards (IDE, Sata …), especially floppy disks, because USB is more compact, runs faster, has a larger capacity and has reliability more reliable. But during use, it is not possible to avoid some errors such as when we use the “Safely Remove Hardware” option of the window to safely disconnect the USB before unplugging. And the message “Generic volume cannot be stopped right now”. If we skip to unplug the USB, then the USB will be corrupted. Follow the article below to know how to fix this error.
Instructions to fix the error “Generic volume cannot be stopped right now” on USB
Possible reasons for the USB “Generic volume cannot be stopped right now” error are:
– Maybe we are opening an application in USB, but they forgot to close it.
– The operating system is accessing a file of USB.
– Maybe the virus exists in the USB.
– Turn off all explorer windows, including windows without access to USB.
– Check if there is any file open in USB and turn it off.
– If you turn off all the connections and still have errors, there may be USB with Virus, then we have to find an antivirus software to scan.
You can use the “Unlocker” software to unlock the USB and unplug the USB.
– You can download the latest version of Unlocker here.
– Installing software on the computer according to the instructions is quite simple.
When we want to remove the USB, we right click on the selected USB Unlocker.
A statistics table of the applications is accessing to USB as shown below, we choose Unlock All.
Then we click on the secure disconnect image in the lower right of the screen, select Eject TransMemory, then safely remove the USB stick from the computer.
Completing the steps above you have completely removed the error “Generic volume cannot be stopped right now” on USB and can safely exit USB from the computer.