Fix the SettingSyncHost.exe process that causes high CPU usage
1. Is SettingSyncHost.exe a virus?
Typically, cyber criminals will name the virus in a way that the device or user cannot identify. They can also name the virus SettingSyncHost.exe to deceive users.
The original SettingSyncHost.exe file is located in the System 32 folder. To check, right-click on the command on the task manager and select “Open file location“If the location is not the System32 folder, run a virus scan on your computer immediately.
2. SettingSyncHost.exe takes up high CPU
SettingSyncHost.exe causes high CPU usage when synchronization is difficult or cannot be synchronized.
The reason is that the Registry settings may have been changed or the synchronization process may not be able to create an accurate path due to the lack of some necessary permissions.
To solve this problem, we can edit the Registry settings by the following:
– Press the key combination Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
– Type in the command Regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor window.
– Navigate to the following link
– HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft InputPersonalization TrainedDataStore
– Right click TrainedDataStore and choose Permissions
Choose Allow to grant permissions to any user group
– Choose Apply and OK, got it to save settings
– Reboot the system.
3. How to terminate the Host Process during sync installation
– If the process continues to consume too many resources, you can terminate it with task manager.
– You can also end the synchronization process by following:
– Open Settings, Accounts, then click to the left of the Sync Setting box.
– So you have finished the installation process.
With steps Taimienphi.vn As mentioned above, you have been able to overcome the process of SettingSyncHost.exe process which takes high CPU usage and helps the computer operate faster. To see the operating status of the CPU, you refer to how View computer configuration with CPU Z here.