What are your short and long term goals? This seems like a familiar question to both candidates and employers. However, as an applicant, do you know how to answer this question how to make an impression on the employer? Let’s find out some notes in the article below!
There are so many interview questions that are so used that it has become almost common; one of all “What are your short and long term goals?? “This question will help employers assess your true competency compared to other candidates based on career and life orientations. So, how to answer this question effectively? You can also refer to Goodcv (https://goodcv.vn/) to be able to answer your questions.
What are your short and long term goals?
Table of Contents:
I. How to answer the goal when interviewing.
1. Answer briefly, focusing on the main idea.
2. Answer based on the mission and vision of the company.
3. Give practical answers.
4. Emphasize the desire to work for a long time.
II. Good answers.
I. How to answer short-term and long-term goals in the interview
1. Answer briefly, focusing on the main idea
Ideally, the short-term and long-term goals must be in close relationship with each other. This shows that you have a specific plan and will try your best to complete it. And, it also shows that your short-term plan is somewhat a step forward for you to make longer-term plans.
You can set short-term goals like:
– Working in a whole new career field
– Learn some new skills
– Gain experience and leadership skills as well as teamwork
– Create certain successes in the work you have chosen.
From there, you can form an answer for your long-term goals. If the short-term goal is to learn more new skills, the long-term goal can be a promotion, the management of a group of employees. Focus on your future orientations; Answer honestly and don’t forget to let managers see your enthusiasm.
2. Answer based on the mission and vision of the company
Before participating in an interview at any company, you need to visit the company’s website to see what their mission, vision is, from which to give the most appropriate answer. You can also use the information you have gathered to form an answer to the question “What are your short-term and long-term goals?” Assuming that the company has a vision to become a leading innovation and innovation unit, you can set your short-term goals as follows:
– I want to become a powerful arm to support my boss in the contest of innovation
– I am always interested in how to apply my innate skills and experience to make a breakthrough in my work.
– My goal is to become a member of the team who never accept to be in 2nd place.
This way, you can both show that you have studied the company very well, and show the employer that your goals and goals are perfectly suited to the position you are in. Recruitment.
3. Give practical answers
Avoid answering unimaginable goals like becoming a CEO of a company with 500 other subsidiaries or winning a Nobel Prize. Give practical answers based on your skills, work experience, and abilities if you don’t want to be a conceited or dreamy dream in the eyes of an employer.
Use logical thinking when deciding on the next step in your career. If you want to become a good manager or leader in the future, your short-term and long-term goals must be related to professional knowledge development and soft skills development.
4. Emphasize the desire to work for a long time
If you can answer this question within the framework of what you need to do in the company, your chances of matriculation are much higher than that of other candidates. In addition, emphasize that you are looking for a permanent and stable job. No company wants to hire employees who keep jumping.
This is also a good opportunity to turn negative thoughts into positive ones. It is possible that you have danced many times in the past and employers will definitely see this in Job application. When asked about short-term and long-term goals, state that you have changed jobs a few times in the past and now you are too tired of it; Therefore, you want to find a more stable and long-term job for the same development company.
II. Good answers
first. Setting short-term and long-term goals will be a prerequisite for your success. In the immediate future, my goal is to simply get used to and keep up with the new job and then strive to gradually advance in this job.
2. First of all, I want to do my best to get the job done and prepare my knowledge so I can work with bigger partners later.
3. For the past few years, I have not had the opportunity to develop my abilities, so for the time being, I will try to make good use of it in my new position. In the long run, I want to be promoted to managerial level, to be able to complete various projects with my employees.
4.Honestly, I have always considered this job a goal in my career. It is not wrong to say that my goal is to be able to sit in this position. And if given the opportunity, in the immediate future, I will try to complete the work and gradually find bigger directions for myself.
There are no right or wrong answers to this question? What are your short-term and long-term goals? It all depends on your personality, skills, abilities, and practical goals. Do not try to set a goal just to satisfy the employer, but instead, look at the problem from your own goal to attract the employer. However, if prepared carefully, you will be able Smart interview interview smoothly and without making any statements that make you regret it later.