There are a number of questions that will always appear in job interviews, no matter what position. One of those questions must go to “What are your weaknesses and strengths?”
Question about your weaknesses and strengths will be an opportunity for you to show your ability and prove to employers that you are the most potential candidates. Therefore, it is necessary to prepare the answers before coming to the interview. Even if the question is not specific about your strengths and weaknesses, writing down your strengths and shortcomings will help you guide your future development.
How to answer your weaknesses and strengths when interviewing?
You can know questions about your weaknesses and strengths with just one question or two different questions. If the employer asks only one question, remember to talk about the weaknesses first, so that you can then end the answer with the best impressions.
Table of Contents:
I. How to answer weaknesses in the interview.
II. How to answer strengths when interviewing.
I. How to answer your weaknesses when interviewing
Your weaknesses may be related to your skills, habits, or personality traits. You can choose to raise a few points depending on the job requirements. Give your weaknesses first, then take an example of a specific situation, when this defect affects your life and work. Thus, the employer will gain insight into the level of self-awareness and desire to change yourself.
We all have weaknesses but not everyone has the courage to admit it. However, during the interview, you should not include a detail that is your weakness but a mandatory requirement at work.
You can list some weaknesses such as:
– Not well organized work
– Quite sensitive and often accusing himself
– Perfectionism (However, this is not necessarily a weakness. For certain jobs, this is even a strength)
– Lack of confidence, afraid to appear in public
– Highly competitive (Like perfectionism, high competitiveness is sometimes considered a strength)
– Some skills are limited
– Lack of skill division
– Or hug many things
– Not too detailed at work
– Not willing to take risks when working
– Sometimes distracting
From the aforementioned weaknesses, you can formulate some of the answers below, or rely on the actual situation to give the most convincing answer:
first. I am usually quite strict with myself and always think that I can still do better than that. I’ve even tormented myself before because of this. However, recently, I have better control and know how to be satisfied with what I have done.
2. I was often ashamed and rarely wanted to appear in public, even when I was in high school or college. However, after my group has not completed the mission twice, I know I need to change it so as not to affect the other members. I signed up for a presentation course and now, the situation is getting better.
3. I always believed that I could do everything by myself, but reality was not always like that; I even had to ask for the help of others. Since I realized the problem, I tried to think hard before I started doing something, that I should do it myself or work with my colleagues.
4. I am a person who often postpones a job although I know how it will affect my work. I also had to go through a lot of pressure because of my bad personality. Gradually, I realized I should divide my work into smaller sections and set deadlines for each. Only then can I overcome this weakness.
II. How to answer your strengths when interviewing?
Just like your weaknesses, you can talk about your strengths based on your skills, habits, and personality. According to experts from the software to find jobs goodcv.vn https://goodcv.vn You can also use the job description to highlight your strengths. After pointing out the strengths, you should also give an example of a situation where your advantages have worked.
If you do not know what your strengths are, you can refer to the list below:
– There is a clear action direction
– Always have a detailed work plan
– Cooperative spirit and teamwork skills
– Always dedicated at work
– Obey the principles, focus on work
– Know how to share with friends and colleagues
– Enthusiastic, passionate about work, and know how to motivate yourself
– Flexible, multitasking
– Respect everyone around you
When talking about your strengths, you need to give specific answers and ensure that it is suitable for the job requirements and employers. At the same time, showing serious and professional attitude. Eg:
first. Thanks to the meticulousness and patience, I always get the job done, even the smallest details. Before starting a project, I always spend a lot of time researching the relevant aspects and the most effective way to work. Thanks to that, not only did my productivity increase, I also avoided unnecessary mistakes.
2. Due to my high standards of compliance and focus on work, I always finish every job within the time that I allow. During 7 years of project management, I was only late once. Thanks to work organizing skills, I was able to complete every task without too much pressure.
3. I always uphold the cooperation and teamwork. In the old company, when I was assigned the management role, I tried my best to create a creative and comfortable working space for the whole group, so that the labor productivity has increased by more than 20% in nearly 3 years. by.
Although being considered one of the scary questions, if well prepared, you can even turn your questions about your weaknesses and strengths into a golden opportunity to express yourself. Turn your weaknesses into challenges you’ve overcome and let strengths prove that you are the best candidate.
The working environment is also what employers want to know about what you need from them and whether you fit into the company culture. Taimienphi.vn will help you find out how to answer ” How would you like to work in the environment? ? “to gain an interviewing skill that pleases employers.