To check the status of your hard drive with Hard Disk Sentinel, in the previous tutorial I helped you know how to download and install this software, the content written below will guide you how to check the status of your hard drive when using. Hard Disk Sentinel software.
The Hard Disk Sentinel application (HDSentinel) provides users with two main functions, the first of which is to monitor specific information about the hard drive on the computer and the second function is checking errors and performance. of hard drive.
To use the software, you can download and install it as instructed install Hard Disk Sentinel here.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHECKING HARDWARE STATUS WITH HARD DISK SENTINEL
When used, the software interface will display information using red / blue / yellow to indicate the severity of the problem.
1. How to monitor hard drive status
When you open the software, the Hard Disk Sentinel main interface displays information about the hard drive such as: Health status (Health) and temperature (Temp).
If you see these two parameters still displayed in green color, especially the parameter Health Still at 100% means your hard drive is still operating in a stable state and has not encountered any errors.
Next is the right pane of the software main interface, you will see there are tabs and each tab will give you detailed information about the hard drive.
– Tab Overview: See an overview of hard drive performance. Here, you can view information such as: Performance (performance), Health (health), Power on time (hard drive usage time), Estimated remaining lifetime (estimated remaining time of use) …
– Tab Temperature: Allows users to monitor the temperature of the hard drive during the day (including the highest, lowest, average temperature and temperature chart).
– Tab S.M.A.R.T and Information: Displays detailed and complete parameters about the hard drive and the S.M.A.R.T technology that the hard drive is using (such as manufacturer, connection standard, total capacity, supported features …).
– Tab Log: Record hard disk activity log.
– Tab Disk Performance: Displays information about the speed of reading / writing and data exchange, the current working level of the hard drive …
– Tab Alert:Allows giving notifications to the user to know if the hard drive has a problem or problem (such as data read errors, abnormally high temperatures …).
2. How to check the performance and errors on the hard drive
This way, the software will allow you to check errors and performance on the hard drive to detect errors promptly to help you in case the hard drive is seriously damaged and losing all the data on it.
To use, you hover the mouse on the toolbar of the software to see additional functions such as the image below:
– Short Self-test: When selecting this function, the software will check the ability to read and write data on the hard drive. This function helps you detect bad sectors (if any) on your hard drive.
– Extended Self-test: You choose this function the software will check the health of the hard drive as mentioned above, but will proceed more closely to produce the most accurate results possible. Note that with this function, you need an active key to be able to use it.
– Random Seek Test: This function helps you perform a test of the speed of searching data on random tracks of the hard drive, while also checking the level of hard drive noise when operating with high performance.
To do so, select the test time at the item Random Seek Test (fast, normal or slow) and then press the button Start Test to begin.
– Surface Test: This is the most important and useful testing function that Hard Disk Sentinel equips users.
This feature will check the entire surface of the drive to ensure that the read / write data on the drive is running smoothly and no errors can occur.
To do so, select the symbol Surface Test on the toolbar, then select the test format at item Test type. This section has 2 options, “Read test” and “WRITE test”, so you need to pay attention and choose accordingly to avoid data loss.
To begin the process Surface Test, you press the button Start Test As the picture described above.
So Taimienphi.vn has just taught you how to check the status of your hard drive with Hard Disk Sentinel. Using this software helps you to have timely warnings when incidents affect the “health status” of the hard drive, giving you a timely solution. Good luck.