To be Compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip First, readers must understand how 7-Zip works and the features that the 7-Zip file compression and decompression tool offers users. In addition, this is also an opportunity for readers to learn more about 7-Zip if previously you only used file compression, extracting files with WinRAR.
As we all know, WinRAR is the most widely used file compression and decompression software. Compressing or decompressing files with WinRAR is very simple and before knowing 7-Zip, the administrators of Taimienphi.vn themselves often compress and decompress files with WinRAR. However, by compressing the smallest file size with 7-Zip, you will change your mind and want to experience more software and decompression tools.
What is 7-Zip? Why use 7-Zip?
7-Zip is a file storage tool mainly used for Windows, 7-Zip can be run by command line or GUI user interface that we still use. 7-Zip is an open source software that functions like Zip or RAR when it allows users to apply algorithms to compress and decompress files.
Using 7-Zip is the best way to help you store files when the storage space on your computer is limited, in addition it encapsulates the folders into a single file to help users easily find and manage data. than.
What types of files should or should not be compressed with 7-Zip
7-Zip can compress all types of files such as Word, Excel, powerpont, Text, jpg or file types like * .exe, * .GHO, * .ISO, * .msi, * .cab but use 7 -Zip best to compress text files, images only.
As for files like * .exe, * .GHO, * .ISO, * .msi, * .cab does not work because this is also a compression format with a single file, so the compression software cannot solve it. .
Advantages of 7-Zip over WinRAR
– 7-Zip is rated as faster compression, better than WinRAR because this tool occupies more RAM and CPU than WinRAR. More precisely, 7-Zip software knows how to take advantage of RAM and CPU on the computer to compress and decompress faster than WinRAR.
However, because of more resource usage, if your computer is low-profile and uses 7-Zip to compress, decompress files, it is easy to cause machine lag.
How to compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip
– Download 7-Zip to your computer here, download 7-Zip.
Step 1: Assuming we have the directory shown in the figure, we need to compress the smallest file size to 7-Zip, first try to see how much the original file size of this folder is in MB.
About 3200 files types attached 151 folders and it is heavy 211 Mb on the drive.
Step 2: First copy the path of the folder containing the file to compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip, then open the 7-Zip tool that you have downloaded and installed just now.
Step 3: Copy the path to the 7-Zip tool, select the file to compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip and click Add.
Step 4: Immediately interface when compressing the smallest file size with 7-Zip will appear, here we have the following parameters to note:
– Archive format: Select the compressed format, you can compress files with such formats as 7z, rar, zip, wim, bzip2, gzip, xz, tar but of course 7z is the strongest already.
– Compression level: Select the compression level. The strength of the compression level will be sorted ascending minus top to bottom. The higher the compression level, the more RAM is used and the longer the compression time will be. There are 6 compression levels you need to know when compressing the smallest file size with 7-Zip:
* Ultra: This is the highest level of compression, this is the level we will use in this article.
* Maximum: Maximum compression level.
* thường: Select the normal compression level (default).
* Fast: Select the level of fast compression (compressed files will have a high capacity).
* Fastest: Select the fastest compression level (compressed files will have a higher capacity).
* Store: Uncompressed (file size will be kept the same).
– Compression method: Next is to select the file compression algorithm with 7-Zip, we will have 4 options that are LZMA, LZMA2, PPMd and BBzip2. More specifically:
* LZMA: This option will give us fast and strong compression speed.
* LZMA2: This is an upgraded algorithm of LZMA, some cases when using this algorithm to compress files, when decompressed, it will be corrupted.
* PPMd: This compression algorithm is mainly used for text files, with fast and powerful compression.
* BBzip2: This algorithm is mainly used for text files, giving high speed and good compression.
– Dictionary size: Select the amount of RAM to use for compression, the more compression you use, the faster and stronger.
– Word size: In this section, the higher the parameter, the stronger the ability to compress the file. Here I will choose the largest number of it.
– Solid BLock size: This is the level of hard compression, the higher the parameter, the stronger the compression level, but also means the compression speed will be reduced.
Number of CPU threads: Use CPU multiplier to speed up the process of compressing the smallest file size with 7-Zip.
Step 5: After completing the above settings, we proceed to compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip.
Note: The tested configuration to compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip here is the Core i7-8750H chip, 16 Gb RAM.
Fast or slow compression time depends entirely on the size of the file and the computer configuration, in addition because we compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip will take more time.
You can CPU test to know how much is being taken up, including RAM.
And after compressing the smallest file size with 7-Zip, check the compressed file size, the ratio is. Of course % ratio The achievement depends on the file type that Taimienphi.vn mentioned at the beginning.
Above is how to compress the smallest file size with 7-Zip, maybe the type of file we tested has not been satisfied, but if you are, try to find yourself the most suitable file type to see how to compress the file size. how small is 7-Zip?
For those who have never used 7-Zip, after this article you can compare WinRAR and 7-Zip, which software is better for you? Compare WinRAR and 7-Zip about every aspect or parts you normally use at work. Please comment below and let Taimienphi.vn know the answers.