A summary of some bad ways for elementary school students to teach is the main content we want to share with you in today’s article, hopefully through this document, you will choose the method suitable for overcoming students’ bad habits.
How do teachers need to correct bad habits of elementary school students?
1. Fixing disorder, talking privately, doing private things
Talking privately during class hours, working alone or causing disorder are the bad habits students often face, especially for elementary school students – who are naturally innocent, naughty, curious, It is hard to stay focused on something for a long time and need to be able to communicate. Therefore, in addition to understanding the psychology of this age, teachers also need to be patient in finding the reasons why children do not focus on their lessons and flexibly use remedies. These errors of children, can refer to a number of ways:
– Develop visual and vivid lectures to attract children: Before criticizing or blaming the child, teachers also need to seriously rethink the communication and their lectures are attractive enough, charismatic enough, persuade the child or not. In Primary students, the brain is more developed than the preschool age, so their thinking and imagination need to be strongly developed at this stage. Therefore, teachers need to design lessons so vividly, turning dry theoretical knowledge into lectures that incorporate colorful images, funny sounds, … for sure. will get kids’ attention.
– Create an interaction between teachers and students: At the age of primary school, children’s language skills need to be especially cultivated, children at this age are also very sensitive and need to be able to communicate, so teachers Students should also pay special attention to this and provide opportunities for them to communicate with each other or the teacher about the lesson rather than just saying nonsense.
+ Teachers should not exercise imperfectly standing on the podium to lecture but also need to go down to the classroom to interact directly with the students.
+ Organize small games related to lesson content or organize group activities for children to discuss with each other, of course, need to be under the guidance and supervision of teachers.
+ When you see children are not concentrating or showing signs of being tired, tired or bored, they can stop for a few minutes to tell a short joke or ask a funny question.
+ Ask provocative questions, create curiosity, think for the children.
– When a student is found out of order, they can tell a similar story to deter or ask the student to repeat the lesson by themselves or answer a question.
– Absolutely do not “publicize” the child’s error or use violent measures such as scolding, punishing a corner of the classroom or expelling the class, in some cases the teacher also uses a method of throwing chalk at the child talking in private / in private jobs … Such excessive hardening measures can further inhibit the child or may hurt the child. Therefore, in order to correct the bad habits of elementary school students, the first mistake is to talk privately, do private work, disordered children, teachers need to be patient, flexible, “soft, hard-headed”, no focus too much on critique your child’s mistakes and focus on helping them identify where they are wrong and how to fix them.
2. Fixing speech problems
Aside from having a private talk or doing private work, climbing is a common bad habit in the classroom. Creeping means talking and interfering with other people’s stories before being asked, in this case, students jostle in the teacher’s lecture without being asked by the teacher. If you’re a teacher, you’re probably annoyed and dissatisfied in this situation, but keep in mind that your communication partner is just a kid who needs to be rectified anyway. How will you solve this problem to help your children identify errors and help them to be self-aware so that they will not make mistakes next time? Here are some solutions:
– First solution: Call the student who is climbing and ask softly: “Why, when I asked a question, I did not raise my hand to speak, but when I was giving a lecture, I would sit under it and talk. ? “. Listening to a student presenting a reason or explaining so that he or she knows climbing is a very bad behavior, it’s like when you are very passionate about talking about something you especially like for people to listen, naturally. Someone interfered with my words, making people unable to hear the information I really wanted to present. So what will your mood be like then? When teachers let children put themselves in such a hypothetical situation, they will see their solutions, so that teachers can grasp whether their students are aware of the problem or not to have direction. next tune.
– The second solution: When a teacher talks about a problem that hits the knowledge he / she knows, that idea or knowledge may suddenly appear in their minds and quickly forget, could be scared if she waited until she called her to forget her answer / idea. Therefore, the teacher can suggest the child by asking the children to write down their ideas / answers quickly and briefly on the paper, then when asked, they will raise their hand to present the presentation to her and also. Class. Children can be encouraged to speak by suggesting that anyone who responds well will be rewarded …
3. Passive disability, lazy to speak up
Most children of primary school age have a need for communication but it is possible for some reason that they do not want to express their views before the whole class, so in order to overcome this situation, teachers need:
– Create ideas, plan lessons for being very thoughtful, lively, attractive enough and attracting learners.
– Need to create a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere for learners.
– Flexible to observe students, paying attention to calling students with little / never raising their hands to answer questions / presenting their views.
– Sincerely listen to your opinions and encourage you to give your own opinions, absolutely do not decry or show negative attitude towards your opinions whether it is a stupid answer, not yet it’s correct.
– Apply a form of reward to good ideas / ideas so that the children are more interested and confident in expressing their ideas.
4. Fix yawning, drowsiness in class
Yawning or drowsiness in the classroom is a common bad habit for students, especially for elementary students because the amount of knowledge that they need to receive every day is so great that many children do not get enough sleep. . Therefore, teachers also need to use their best efforts in creating good, lively lectures to attract their students. If you encounter a specific case of a student while you are dozing off, what should you do?
– Method 1: Allow the child to go outside to wash his face and wake up and return to the class (but this method has little effect).
– Method 2: Call the student to stand up and repeat the lesson / what the teacher just said, find out why he or she is sleepy. If the lesson is boring or a teacher, you need to rethink your own teaching style and change direction accordingly. If it is due to academic pressure or the cause of that student (staying up late watching movies, reading stories, playing games, etc.), you need to contact parents and family for direction to adjust .
– Option 3: Stop the lecture, ask the child to stand up to sing a song or tell a short funny story for the whole class to listen …
5. Fix disability, fight
Primary school students are in the active, mischievous age, they cannot distinguish between right and wrong, therefore, it is easy for them to have uncontrollable behaviors and easily cause fighting. So as a teacher, you need to have subtle observations, most importantly listening, respect and closeness to students. When having to solve the situation, the two students fought:
– First of all, it is necessary to handle the wound (if any), to calm the two children and ask them to present.
– Listen sincerely, concentrate to find out the cause, then analyze the wrong behavior of each child, offer other positive behaviors for them when encountering similar situations.
– Ask the students to apologize and apologize; may ask you to shake hands …
In the above article, we have pointed out some bad habits and shared some ways to correct bad habits of Primary students for teachers to refer. As a teacher, no matter what the situation, you need to be calm and flexible to point out and overcome those bad habits for the children. The above are just some of the solutions that we find reasonable for each specific bad habit of the children, in addition to many other solutions, hope readers can contribute and share!
You can also refer to some other articles that are quite useful, which we have summarized beside the suggested article. How to fix bad habits of elementary school students as: The best introduction to the new lesson for Primary teachers, The best way to start the lesson to attract preschool children, How to overcome the speech disorder and disorder of Primary students, Best motor games for preschool children.