Copying and pasting is one of the most basic functions on Windows and it was introduced from the early versions of this operating system, but for some strange reason, many users reported that they could not. perform this operation on Windows 10. So what is the error? Let’s find out how to fix the error of not copying Paste on Windows 10 in the article below.
How to fix cannot copy Paste on Windows 10
Table of Contents:
1. Update Windows 10.
2. Check your antivirus program.
3. Run the Check Disk tool.
4. Turn off Send to Bluetooth add-on.
5. Use the Comfort Clipboard.
6. Check the software settings.
7. Run the rdpclip.exe file.
8. Restart the computer.
9. Disable sharing feature.
10. Check the Advanced System Care settings.
11. Remove Skype Click to Call plugin.
12. Create a new user account.
Some common Copy Paste errors
Error of Copy Paste function does not work Windows 10 can occur due to corrupted system files, third-party programs such as antivirus software, some plugins or features that have problems or problems with the process. of rdpclip.exe file. Here are some common problems users encounter when it comes to this error:
– The Copy Paste function does not work on Windows 10 – A possible cause of this error is antivirus software your. To fix it, try turning off the antivirus or disable the entire program.
– Copy Paste function does not work in Excel, Microsoft Word, Autocad, Windows 7, Remote Desktop, VMware: This is usually due to a specific plugin or feature. Look for the problematic feature / plugin, disable it, and the problem will be solved.
– Error copying and pasting parameters incorrectly: This problem may occur due to certain problems with your system. To fix, make sure you have the latest updates installed.
– Copy Paste function does not work: If this function does not work in every program, then the problem may be due to the rdpclip.exe process. To resolve, end the process and restart it.
How to fix Copy Paste error does not work
1. Update Windows 10
According to many users, this problem can sometimes occur due to system malfunctions and updating to the latest operating system version can solve the problem.
Microsoft keeps fixing bugs with new and most major updates, Windows 10 automatically installs the missing updates. However, you can also manually check for updates as follows:
– Press the key combination Windows + I to open the application Settings.
– Select the item Update & Security.
– Click the button Check for updates.
Windows will check for available updates and download them. After the updates have been downloaded, they will be installed as soon as you restart the computer. Now, check if the Copy Paste error has disappeared.
2. Check your antivirus program
Using good antivirus software is important, but it can sometimes cause problems with the copying function. To solve the problem, turn off certain antivirus features and see if that works. In case the error persists, you need to disable the entire antivirus program.
Many users said they tried to fix the Copy Paste error by uninstalling anti-virus software and it really worked.
3. Run the Check Disk tool
Sometimes your system files get corrupted and this is the cause of copying errors. To fix it, try running the Check Disk tool by:
– Go This PC and right click on your hard drive.
– Choose Properties from the menu.
– In the window Properties, you select the tab Tools and click the button Check below the item Error checking to check for hard drive errors.
In addition, users can also run Check Disk from Command Prompt:
– Press the key combination Windows + X to open the menu Win + X. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) from the list.
– In the window Command Prompt, you enter the command X: / f (replace the letter X with the letter of the system drive, by default the drive C:).
– You will be asked to schedule a scan. Press Y to do that.
After restarting the computer, the scan will be started and fix any file errors. Once the file has been edited, please check the Copy Paste function again.
4. Turn off Send to Bluetooth add-on
This add-on is usually associated with Microsoft Office and you can find it in the Add-on section of every application in Office. You will have to check every Office tool installed to find the Send to Bluetooth add-on and disable it.
After turning off this add-on from all Office tools, the Copy Paste function may be working again.
5. Use the Comfort Clipboard
Comfort Clipboard is an excellent clipboard manager and will allow you to perform copying tasks for quick text editing.
This tool also has History feature. There, you can view all the content you have copied. It allows you to edit text, set hotkeys, and change the background color. Another option is the ability to drag and drop directly from the clipboard panel into the text you are editing.
6. Check Webroot security software settings
Some users report that the main cause of Copy Paste errors is Webroot Security Software, and to fix the problem, follow these steps:
– Open Webroot as an administrator.
– Click on properties Identity Protection or logo pinion.
– Go to tab Application Protection.
– You will see a list of applications and look for applications that make the copy function not work. Then set to Allow.
Besides, you can turn off the option Protect Clipboard Data and everything will work properly.
7. Run the rdpclip.exe file
According to many users, the copy error could be caused by rdpclip.exe process. Therefore, you will need to terminate this process and restart it. The process is as follows:
– Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
– In the window that opens, go to the tab Details and right click on the process rdpclip.exe. Choose End task from the menu.
Now you need to open the folder Windows / system32 to find the file rdpclip.exe and run the process again.
The program will start automatically, but if it doesn’t, you won’t have to run it manually every time you boot up Windows 10. Additionally, you can add it to the Startup folder and it will start with the system.
8. Restart the computer
The easiest but effective way to fix the Copy Paste function not working is to restart the PC. If you do not want to restart the computer, you can also log out of the user account, wait a few seconds and log back in.
9. Disable clipboard sharing feature of Virtualbox
Virtualbox is a great tool if you want to run a virtual machine on your PC, but certain software features can cause problems with your system. According to users, the feature Shared clipboard in Virtualbox can cause the copy function to not work on a PC and to fix errors you need to disable this feature.
10. Check the Advanced System Care settings
If the copy function does not work on the PC, then some third party software may affect it. Many users have reported problems with Advanced System Care software, and according to them the Clean Clipboard feature is the cause of the problem.
To resolve, you need to turn off this feature in Advanced System Care software by performing the following steps:
– Open the software Advanced System Care.
Go Speed Up RAM> Smart RAM> Deep Clean.
– Click here Settings and deselect Clean Clipboard.
11. Remove Skype Click to Call plugin
According to many people, the Copy Paste function does not work because of the Skype Click to Call plugin. This is a simple browser plugin that allows you to make Skype calls by clicking on a phone number on your browser.
To fix the problem, you need to remove this add-on from the browser and then, you can use the copy function without any problems.
12. Create a new user account
Sometimes problems with the Copy Paste function may occur if there is a problem with your user account. Your account may have errors and this leads to this error and many other problems. However, you have a simple solution, which is to create a new user account.
– Open the application Settings and go to section Accounts.
– In the left panel, you choose Family & other people. In the right panel, click Add someone else to this PC.
– Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
– Click here Add a user without a Microsoft account.
– Enter all required information and click next.
Once the new account has been created, switch to using it and check to see if the problem has been resolved. If the error doesn’t go away, you’ll need to move your personal files to the new account and start using this account instead of the old one.
Not being able to use the copy and paste function can be a big problem and Thuthuat.taimienphi.vn hope you can solve this problem with one of the ways presented above.