If WannaCry is ransomware and users have no way to handle it, at present there is a new malware called EternalRocks. Unlike WannaCry, EternalRocks virus enters the system through SMB vulnerabilities and silently sends data to the server, EternalRocks is not distributed to extortion, but its work is more dangerous than WannaCry. Therefore, right now, you can take measures to prevent WannaCry to use for the case of EternalRocks.
How to prevent Wanna Cry safe and effective for PC
WannaCry is one of the 2 most dangerous malware in the world today, has more 200,000 The computer is infected with this virus, including Vietnam, so the prevention of WannaCry becomes urgent. WannaCry of the form Ransomware, a type of spyware that invades a user’s computer through strange links sent from various sources. Once compromised, it will encrypt your data files for ransom.
It is very important to check whether your computer is infected with WannaCry virus.If your computer is infected and your data is still safe, quickly back up the data, how to check WannaCry will guide you. details of how to do it. Even if you have not met, you do not know Ransomware WannaCrypt What it is, you should equip yourself but the knowledge to prevent WannaCry to avoid the worst case happens to you.
How to prevent WannaCry, block WannaCry malware
1. Update the latest Windows patch version.
This is the best way to help prevent WannaCry if you are using it Windows XP, Windows 7, 8 or Windows Server 2003. The updated version mainly improves the security of Word and Doc document files, and also helps to fix the long-standing Enternal Blue vulnerability, which is the main reason why WannaCry malware can be compromised. and distributed throughout the system. Also on Windows 10 version 1703 onwards has fixed Enternal Blue for a long time, but that does not mean that it will not be acquired if you click.
– Download patch version for Windows XP Update SP2 64bit
– Download patch version for Windows XP Update SP3 32bit
– Download patch version for Windows XP Update SP3 Embedded 32bit
– Download patch version for Windows 7 Update 64bit
– Download patch version for Windows 7 Update 32bit
– Download patch version for Windows 8 Update 64bit
– Download patch version for Windows 8 Update 32bit
– Download patch version for Windows Server 2003 Update SP2 64bit
– Download patch version for Windows Server 2003 Update SP2 32bit
After downloading, you just need to click to run, then restart the computer, you have finished updating the Windows patch to prevent and block Wanna Crypt malware.
For Windows 10, if you haven’t updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update, you can do the following to prevent Wanna Cry.
Step 1: First you open Start menu up then type “update “and access to Check for update to perform checks and Windows Update.
Step 2: Next, wait for the system to check and automatically download the computer update immediately, if your computer is in the Windows 10 Creators Update, it will be updated with a patch.
2. Conduct updating of anti-virus software
Currently all leading security companies in the world are updating their products with the latest updates to detect, warn and prevent WannaCry virus. Normally, the software will automatically update for your products, but you must also pay attention to upgrade the software in case it is not automatic.
3. Backup important data
– Always conduct data backup on personal devices such as removable hard drive good USB in case of loss not only with WannaCry but also with common viruses.
– Use cloud storage services like Google Drive or OneDrive to store important files.
4. Update yourself with WannaCry prevention knowledge
In addition to the above methods, users must also know more about Ransomware Wanna Crypt as well as Ransomware types in order to reduce the chance of being infected with malware that is harmful to computers as well as ransomware.
To check if your system is infected with Wanna Crypt malware so that there are ways to prevent WannaCry or not, you can download 2 free tools, BKAV CheckWanCry and VNIST Scanner, to check, including BKAV CheckWanCry is issued by BKAV – a famous antivirus brand in Vietnam, and VNIST Scanner is a tool provided by Vietnam Information Security Technology Joint Stock Company.
– Do not click on strange links, incoming Facebook links or any strange messages sent to.
– Do not download strange files, attachments in mail without identifying the source.
– Do not access the black web, poor security sites because it can expose you to infection
– Update anti-virus programs regularly on your computer to ensure they are always protected.
– Do not open links with HTA extension, the .exe files are sent messages.
– Remove the Tor browser used on the system computer, no file downloads
– Do not download Torrent links because Torrent itself is easy to install spyware.
– Create your own habit of backing up data on your computer regularly.
– Regularly update the latest patches, upgrades from Windows.
With the above knowledge will help you to avoid WannaCry to the maximum, as well as similar malicious code. More and more malicious codes are invading and attacking computers on a large scale, so readers need to update their knowledge to avoid being infected and know how to remove Ransomware, malicious codes, The most effective spyware.
In case users are infected with WannaCry but do not know how to delete WannaCry, please refer to the article to remove WannaCry that Taimienphi has instructed to make your computer become cleaner and also eliminate the risk The virus is blackmailing your important data.