There are many ways that computer users can Refresh IP address on computers, laptops Its use includes software or tools available in the operating system. Changing the IP address is something you need to know when using a computer, although changing that IP address is not a regular job, but if you pay attention to this little tip, it will help you to use a computer effectively. much more fruitful.
There are 2 types of IPs that users need to know before renewing that IP address is dynamic and static IP, depending on the purpose you are using to know the exact type of IP you are effective in. However, do not worry because in this article, in addition to instructions on refreshing the IP address on the computer, we also show you the benefits of the IP types you are about to change.
How to refresh the IP address of a computer running Windows 10, 8, 7
What is an IP address?
– IP address with IP stands for Internet Protocol – network protocol. A format number for a network hardware and devices that use an IP address to communicate with each other over the network. Think of the IP address as your home number and each hardware device has its own unique home number to see more. Check iP address here.
What is static IP? What is dynamic IP?
– Static IP address is the address assigned by DHCP to fixed an address when accessing the network and that address will not be changed without DHCP off or users changing. Static IP addresses make it easier to manage, and some connections require the use of static IP addresses.
– Dynamic IP address is an address automatically assigned by DHCP when an access device such as a phone or computer is available and can be changed easily and automatically. The biggest advantage of dynamic IP addresses is increased security and limiting the ability to conflict IP addresses in computers.
How to refresh the IP address
– In case of refreshing static IP address.
Step 1: In case you want to renew the IP address to a static IP address or a static IP address, press the key combination Windows + R later type ncpa.cpl then press OK, got it.
Step 2: Then section Network Connections appears, select the network you are connecting> click right mouse click then select Properties.
Step 3: Like here we are using WiFi, so we will go in WiFi Properties > select next Internet Protocol Version 4.
Step 4: Here you just click Use the following IP address, here you enter the address as follows:
* IP address: This is the refreshing part of your IP address, where you can dictionary 192.168.1.2 until 192.168.1.255 to change to the old address.
* Subnet mask: Here you enter the default is 255.255.255.0
* Default gateway: Usually the home network address is 192.168.1.1
Step 5: You can then go to Details to check if your IP address has been changed.
There you will see your IPv4 Address line change according to the result you have set before, the refresh of static IP address is complete.
– In case of dynamic IP address refresh.
Step 1: To be able to refresh the dynamic IP address we click StartMenu type cmd and open Command Prompt with Adminstrator rights.
Step 2: Here you type the command ipconfig to check the IP address before refreshing the IP address.
Results appear in line IPv4 Address Your IP address, as in this article 192.168.1.18.
Step 3: To refresh the IP address we first type the command ipconfig / release to free this IP.
Step 4: Next type ipconfig / renew to proceed with renewing the IP address.
Wait a moment you will see the refresh of the completed IP address, and check IPv4 will see that the address is now randomly transferred to another address that no one has used.
This is all you need to know to be able to renew your IP address including changing static IP and changing dynamic IP on your computer. The above method can be applied to whatever Windows operating system you are using today. Above, we have instructions on how to refresh a static IP address; changing static addresses can sometimes cause duplicate IP addresses. Therefore readers should scan the IP address in the LAN before proceeding to renew the IP address, refer to how scan the IP address Here and follow the instructions to see which address has used.