Up to now, most users are tending to upgrade and use Windows 10 operating system. And it is likely that in the next 1 or 2 years Windows 10 will “overtake” and leave the sessions behind. another operating system version. If you’re a third user and you want to recover the admin password for your Windows 10 login, that’s a really tricky operation. But if your Windows 10 computer is “the owner” and you forgot your login password, in this case you can easily reset your login password.
On Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 8 There are 2 types of user accounts. Account Online and account Local (Local account). Online accounts linked to Microsoft accounts, when creating Microsoft accounts, you can synchronize settings, personal files and data like Google / Microsoft / Apple accounts on mobile phones, because That resetting the Online account is quite simple and easy to do, if not, create a Microsoft account now
However, with the admin account on Windows 10 as a local account (Local account), the reset process is not easy at all. In this tutorial, Taimienphi.vn will guide you how to recover Windows 10 admin admin password on Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 in case you forget your computer password or lost your login password.
Overview of steps to recover lost or forgotten Windows 10 Admin admin password
Usually when you forget your computer password, you can reset the login password in the traditional way. However, you can also rely on the support of the 3rd application instead of resetting the login password to do this.
Reset Windows Admin password
first. Recover Admin password connected to Microsoft account.
2. Offline cracking Admin password manually.
3. Reset passwords with iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro.
4. Recover forgotten Admin passwords with PCUnlocker.
The steps to reset the admin account connected to Microsoft and reset the admin password offline are not too difficult. Even if you are a user with little experience can do this.
Steps to reset the forgotten Admin login password online
This method only works on Windows 10, so Windows 7 users can skip this method. You can reset the account password as simply as you would to reset the admin account password. If you forgot your admin credentials, simply reset the admin account password and try to login with your new password.
Here are the steps:
– First make sure your computer / laptop is connected to the Internet. If you don’t know how to do it, just click on the network / wifi / airplane icon on the login screen and connect to any available network.
– Using another computer, laptop, access password reset page.
– Select I forgot my password, then click Next.
– Enter your email address and click Next.
– Then choose the way you want to use to reset your Microsoft account password and follow the instructions on the screen.
– After the reset is complete, you can log in to the admin account on your Windows 10 computer with a new password.
How to recover forgotten Local Administrator account passwords
Suppose in case you forgot or lost admin password is not connected to a Microsoft account. And your computer cannot connect to the Internet. Additionally, you cannot reinstall or reset Windows. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Replace Utility Manager with Command Prompt
All you need is a Windows 10 bootable USB drive or DVD drive. The purpose of using this USB Bootable drive is not to reinstall the Windows operating system.
– First, insert this USB Bootable drive or DVD drive into your computer.
– Restart the computer and press the F12 key to select the boot drive. On some computers, the key to perform these operations may be the F8 key.
– Next, choose to boot from the USB drive or DVD drive, depending on the Bootable drive that you inserted into the computer.
– Wait until the Setup window appears.
– On the Setup window, press the key combination Shift + F10 to open Command Prompt. If this method is not available, click Repair =>Troubleshoot =>Command Prompt.
– On the Command Prompt window, enter regedit then press Enter to open the Registry Editor window.
– On the Registry Editor window you find and select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Then from the menu you click select File =>Load Hive.
– At this time, a new window similar to the File Explorer window appears on the screen. From here you access the Windows installation drive. Usually it is drive D or E. On this window, drive C is the drive reserved for the system.
– Right-click in the black area and select Open Command Window Here.
– Enter the following commands into:
cd windows system32
ren utilman.exe utilman.exe.old
copy cmd.exe utilman.exe
– Close all windows and disconnect the Bootable drives, then restart your computer.
Step 2: Activate a secret Admin account
In this case you forgot the admin account password, so you will have to create a new admin account to reset the forgotten or lost admin password.
– On the login screen (login screen), click the button Ease of Access / Utility to open Command Prompt.
– All you need to do now is activate the secret admin account on Windows. To do this, run the following command in the Command Prompt window:
net user administrator / active: yes
– Restart your computer. You should set the new username as Administrator on the login screen. Just select the new username you just created – Administrator and click Sign in.
If you lose access to this secret admin account, you will have to create another admin account using other commands.
Step 3: Reset user account password
After activating the hidden admin account, the next step now you need to do to recover lost or forgotten user admin password.
– Now you will have access to the desktop. Press the key combination Windows + X to open the Power User Menu. Here you choose Computer Management.
– On the Computer Management window, navigate to the following key:
System Tools =>Local Users and Groups =>Users
– On the screen you will see the list of users on the computer. Right-click the desired username and select Set password. On the screen, a warning window will appear, click Proceed to continue.
– Follow the instructions on the screen to set a new password.
The above are the 2 methods used by many users to reset or restore the Admin login password.
Note: After resetting the password, you should undo the changes you made to cmd.exe and utilman.exe.
Use 3rd party tools to recover admin password, log in Windows
If you are busy or you do not have much experience and you do not want to tweak the system to reset the admin password of Windows 10 login lost or forgotten. In this case, you can rely on the support of 3rd party software and tools.
There are many software available that you can use to recover lost, forgotten login admin passwords. However, to use this software you will have to pay a small fee. 2 of the software that Taimienphi.vn would recommend to you are iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro and PCUnlocker. With these 2 “cheap” software, you can easily crack Windows passwords that have been lost or forgotten.
Reset Windows password with iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro
Just use iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro to create a Bootable CD drive or USB Bootable drive and reset a forgotten Windows 10 password or unlock an account.
iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro is one of the most effective solutions to reset or bypass all types of Windows account passwords, including: user accounts, Admin accounts, Active Directory accounts and Domain Admin accounts.
Step 1: Download and install iSeePasword Windows Password Recovery Pro here: Download iSeePasword Windows Password Recovery
You need to prepare a USB flash drive or a recorded CD / DVD to perform the next steps. In this tutorial, Taimienphi.vn uses a USB flash drive.
Step 2: Create a Bootable USB drive or a Bootable CD / DVD drive
Insert the USB drive into your computer and allow the software to accept the USB drive. The next step is to choose your USB flash drive from the USB driver list menu, and select Burn USB.
This will start the process of burning the ISO image file on the USB flash drive you just inserted. After the process is finished, the screen will display the message: “Burning Successful”.
You should use a blank USB flash drive because the software will wipe all data currently on the USB flash drive. The same thing happens if you use a CD / DVD to burn an ISO image file.
Step 3: Start the reset process on the locked computer
Get the USB flash drive you just fit burn file ISO image Plug in the locked computer. Reboot the system and select Boot from USB Drive from Boot Option Menu to start the process.
The program will automatically start and will notify you of the window as below:
Choose a username is Administrator and click Reset Password, then click Reboot.
Step 4: Complete the process. You can now log in to your Windows 10 computer without using a password.
Use PCUnlocker to recover a forgotten password
PCUnlocker is one of the extremely simple forgotten password reset solutions. The “score” of this software is its simplicity and reliability, designed with a good, intuitive GUI interface.
This software is mostly used by novice users, computer repair technicians, and even experts to fix password and login issues, including:
– Forgot the unique admin account password on your Windows 10 computer?
– Disable all admin accounts and can’t log in to Windows?
– Is my Windows account locked after trying multiple times to log in?
– Forgot admin rights and need to notify a guest or standard user?
– Windows refused to login your account due to invalid group setting policy?
– Need to convert Microsoft account to local user account (local user) when not locked Windows?
PCUnlocker works on all versions of Windows, from Windows XP to Windows 10 Creators Update. In addition PCUnlocker also supports the latest UEFI software pre-installed on most computers running Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 versions.
Use PCUnlocker to “unlock” Windows in case you forget your Microsoft account password. You can download PCUnlocker here: Download PCUnlocker
Step 1: Before unlocking your computer, you first need to create PCUnlocker Live USB (or CD) from another computer.
Download the ISO image of PCUnlocker, then install the bootable USB creation software – ISO2Disc.
Step 2: Insert a USB drive (requires at least 1GB of USB) and run ISO2Disc. Click here Browse to find the PCUnlocker ISO file you just downloaded. Choose an option Burn to USB Flash Drive, then select your drive and then select Start Burn to format and create a Live USB.
Step 3: The next step you need to do now is to set the computer to boot into the USB drive. Once you’ve opened your computer, quickly press and repeatedly press a special key (probably F2, F12, F8, DEL, etc. depending on the model you use) to access the BIOS / UEFI screen. . Here you will have the option to boot the computer from the USB drive.
Step 4: After your computer has booted into the USB drive, you will see the PCUnlocker screen listed in the list of all local accounts on Windows 10. In the example below you can see the location. Only Microsoft account email is displayed under the column description, near the local account associated with it. Just select that local account and choose Reset Password.
Step 5: You will be prompted to set a new password and the program will convert your Microsoft account to a local account. In the example of recovering the admin password of this Windows Taimienphi.vn login to leave the password blank, then click OK, got it.
A message will appear on the screen stating that the password was successfully reset.
Step 6: Remove the USB drive and restart your computer. You can now log in to your Windows 10 computer with the converted local account.
The above are methods to recover admin password for Windows login in case if you lost or forgot password. If there are any problems during the setup process, you can leave a comment and Taimienphi will find ways to help you fix those errors.