Windows updates have always been a nuisance for many users since the days of Windows XP. Thankfully, the fact that Microsoft provides the feature remove updates on Windows 11 allowed users to roll back to old versions if they found them to have major problems.
The fastest guide to uninstall and delete updates on Windows 11
Why Uninstall Windows 11 Updates
There can be many reasons why you might want to uninstall Windows 11 updates, here are some of the most common. If you’re dealing with an error after a recent Windows update, you might as well take a look at this list.
– The overall performance of the system is degraded
– Update driver error
– The functionality of Windows features is broken
– Resource management in the background is wrong
– High CPU or Disk Speed
– Unwanted driver updates you’re trying to avoid
– Windows Security or UAC misbehaving
– Region setting is incorrect, cannot be changed
– Missing settings or options in Windows 11
How to Uninstall Windows 11 Updates from Settings
Step 1: Press the key combination Windows+I on the keyboard
Step 2: In the table System, choose Windows Update.
Step 3: At the next interface, select Update history.
Step 4: Next choose Uninstall Updates section Related Settings.
Step 5: Choose Windows 11 update needs to be removed in the list, press Uninstall.
Step 6: The Uninstall an Update prompt appears, click Yes to continue.
How to remove Windows 11 update from advanced startup
Step 1: To enter Start => Power => hold key Shift and press Restart.
Step 2: The computer will reboot and enter the advanced boot screen, you select Troubleshoot => Advanced options => Uninstall Updates.
Step 3: Select the update you want to remove here
– Uninstall latest quality update (number 1): Uninstall the latest quality update.
– Uninstall latest feature update (number 2): Uninstall the latest feature update.
Step 4: Confirm Windows 11 update removal.
– For example, Taimienphi chose Uninstall latest quality update live Step 3 it would be Uninstall quality update, the other version is similar.
Immediately the system will execute the command you requested, remove the selected Windows 11 update from the PC. When the process is complete, you should reset the computer so that everything is fresh. In addition, during use, your computer often has a blue screen error, please refer to the fix below.
- Reference: Fix Windows 11 blue screen error
How to Uninstall Windows 11 Updates
, How to remove the Windows 11 update, Instructions to uninstall the update on Windows 11,