After the recent release of Windows 10, Microsoft has pledged that it will allow users to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 completely free for 1 year, and the upgrade period will end on. July 29, 2016. However, if you are now using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 copyright and the like upgrade to Windows 10 it is still possible to do so through the instructions that Taimienphi shares shortly.
– Check and make sure your computer is running Windows 7, 8, 8.1 copyright.
– Check your internet connection to be able to download Windows 10 upgrade support files and activate Windows copyright as well as download system driver drivers.
– Check the minimum computer configuration that can use Windows 10:
+ CPU: speed of 1GHz or higher
+ Internal memory: 1GB Ram for 32bit Windows 10 version or 2GB Ram for 64bit Win 10
+ Free hard drive space: 16GB for Windows 10 32bit or 20GB for Windows 10 64bit
– Make sure you have saved all important data on the C drive to another drive to avoid unfortunate data loss.
– Make sure you have the license key of the old version of Windows, if you’ve forgotten or lost, you can find the license key from the Windows data through the tutorial article backup and restore Windows copyright We have previously shared.
– Be sure to install the Windows 10 version in accordance with the old version of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 because if you install the wrong version, you will not be able to reactivate the license.
How to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8, 8.1
Method 1: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 through Windows 10 Update Assistant
Step 1: Using any web browser, you access the Microsoft website that supports Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 HERE
Step 2: The interface of Windows 10 upgrade support page appears, click the button Update Now as shown below.
Step 3: After clicking the button Update Now, the system will download the Windows10Upgrade.exe file on your computer. Double-click on it and the Windows 10 Update Assistant launcher will open and automatically check the status of your device’s Windows updates.
Step 4: If your device passes the system test, click the button Accept to accept the terms of Microsoft and start upgrading.
Step 5: The software will then proceed to check the compatibility of Windows 10 with the device
Step 6: If the hardware is fully compatible, the download of Windows 10 installation file will begin
Step 7: Once the Windows 10 installation file has been downloaded, the system will automatically begin the installation process shortly
Step 8: Next, you press Restart now to start the Windows 10 upgrade process from windows 7, 8, 8.1.
Complete the upgrade process of Windows 10, click next to log in using screen.
The Windows 10 upgrade notification screen is complete.
You can also check your Windows version or see Active Windows status now. By default, if you use the license key, the copyright information from the old Windows will be automatically activated in the new Windows 10 and now you can use the Windows 10 license forever.
Once completed, you can remove tools upgraded to Windows 10
Also clean the system by removing the old version of win. Details readers can refer to the article how instructions delete Windows.old We previously shared.
So, here is an article on how to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 that readers can apply to their device during this time. In addition, if in the process of using you feel that Windows 10 is not smooth as you like, readers can completely downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7, 8, 8.1 easily through the tutorial article Downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8, 7 safe and fast that we previously shared.
At the same time, for unlicensed versions of Windows, readers can upgrade Windows 10 by installing directly from the ISO file or creating a Windows 10 installation USB to be able to experience this new version of Windows. Any questions during the upgrade process of Windows 10, you can respond immediately below the article and we will respond as soon as possible. Good luck.