Usually we only use the ipconfig command to do a job that is to check your computer’s IP, but do you know in the ipconfig command we can expand it and do a lot of different things or not. In the following article, Taimienphi.vn will guide you to add a lot of commands using ipconfig command.
For IT professionals or IT Support, Helpdesk is work use the command ipconfig Probably normal. However, for normal people, those who have basic needs of computer use certainly do not need to know and do not care about using ipconfig command. But saying that doesn’t mean we don’t need it because if you know some of ipconfig’s tips, you won’t need to resort to IT in the event of a network outage or some work. Betdownload.com assures that the commands below are extremely Easy to remember but not difficult to use at all.
Use the ipconfig command
Instructions for using the Ipconfig command
1. Open Command Prompt / Powershell
Ipconfig cannot be run naturally, it is a command and to use the ipconfig command we have the tools to type this command. Of course, Windows itself has provided you with tools to type ipconfig commands including Command Prompt (Windows XP / 7/8) or Powershell (Windows 10).
Step 1: There are many ways to open Command Prompt or Powershell, you can apply one of the following to open.
– Use key combinations Windows + R then type CMD to open Command Prompt or Powershell to open Powershell.
Note: This way you want to open Command Prompt, Powershell with Administrator rights instead of pressing OK or Enter you must press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Enter Please.
– Click StartMenu up and type CMD and access the tool found Command Prompt or Powershell and access the results found as Powershell.
Note: This way if you want to open Command Prompt, Powershell with Administrator rights, right-click on the found results and click Run As Administrator.
Step 2: After finishing opening the Command Prompt or Powershell (Here Taimienphi.vn select Powershell with Administrator rights, we begin to enter the most basic command is ipconfig.
Here Powershell will display a series of parameters that we just need to know a little to better understand:
– Link-local IPv6 Address: IPv6 address on your computer.
– IPv4 Address: IPv4 address on your computer (usually Vietnamese infrastructure uses IPv4).
– Subnet Mask: Current network range of the upper address layer.
– Default Gateway: The main address of your network, which provides the network for the entire system.
Step 3: In addition to the basic command above we can also type ipconfig /? To show more commands in Command Prompt, Powershell.
There are about 7 commands when using ipconfig command that you need to know, but this is not the total number of commands that Command Prompt, Powershell can give you.
2. Commands that use the advanced ipconfig command
As mentioned, ipconfig itself is just a basic command and beyond there are many different commands that users can apply if they are proficient at the basic commands.
– ipconfig / ?: Display a help message.
– ipconfig / all: Displays all configuration information.
– ipconfig / allcompartments: Displays information about all parts of the network.
– ipconfig / release: Free up IPv4 addresses for specific adapters.
– ipconfig / release6: Free up IPv6 addresses for specific adapters.
– ipconfig / renew: Newly issue IPv4 addresses for specific adapters.
– ipconfig / renew6: New allocation of IPv6 addresses for specific adapters.
– ipconfig / flushdns: Clear the DNS Resolver cache.
– ipconfig / registerdns: Refresh all DHCP lease and re-register the DNS name.
– ipconfig / displaydns: Displays the contents of the DNS Resolver cache.
– ipconfig / showclassid: Show all DHCP class IDs allowed for the adapter.
– ipconfig / setclassid: Edit the DHCP class ID.
Here Taimienphi.vn has completed the instructions for you to read how to use the ipconfig command as well as the commands related to it. Ipconfig is a simple, useful command that can be used to repair some network errors or view necessary information. So whether you are an IT person or not, you need to use the ipconfig command to avoid losing your own time.
But do not think that the CMD or Powershell command is just that, in this article Taimienphi.vn only limited CMD or Powershell command within ipconfig only, there are many other commands you can read more at Taimienphi .VN.
In the process of using ipconfig command if you encounter Cannot renew IP address error on Windows, do not worry because the fix is in the repair guide. Cannot error renew IP address that the administrators of Taimienphi.vn have guided before.