Currently, Notepad ++ is programming tool Compact drafting is used by many programmers, from professionals to those just starting to learn and become familiar with programming.
Instructions for using Notepad
Collecting many advantages of a code editing program, Notepad ++ allows users to own many smart features such as: Highlight code (Highlight), Auto Complete (Autocomplete), Debug (Error correction), … supports a variety of programming languages. In particular, Notepad ++ is extremely compact, has a simple and easy-to-use interface.
To help you become familiar with making the most of the software features in this article, Taimienphi will share with you tips for using Notepad ++ effective.
Instructions on how to use Notepad ++
1. Macro feature
With this feature, users can save their own code Marcro (Command), then paste it back to the original format without having to write it again. It is worth noting that users can back up many different commands and assign them as shortcuts to use repeatedly.
To use Notepad with this feature, click on the Macro in the toolbar and click on the options.
– Start Recoding: Start recording an instruction.
– Stop Recoding: Stop recording.
– Play back (Crtl + Shift + P): Repeat the copied command.
– Save Current Recoded Macro: Save and create a shortcut for the command you just copied.
– Run a Macro Multiple Times: Optionally execute a command repeatedly.
– Modify Shortcut / Delete Macro: Manage commands and shortcuts.
2. Run the code in the specified environment
To test how your HTML or CSS code works on a webpage, save that line of code in .html format and then open it in your browser. Additionally you can specify code checking on a specific browser.
Step 1: Press Run On the toolbar, select Run one more time or you can press shortcut key F5.
Step 2: In the Run window, click 3 dot icon To select the path to the browser and press OK, got it.
Step 3: Press Run and see the result.
3. Change the working interface
If you are too bored with Notepad ++’s default working interface, you can change it as you like with the built-in feature. How to do the following.
Step 1: Click on it Settings (Install), select Style Configurator.
Step 2: Click on it Select theme and choose the interface template you want.
Step 3: Click on the item Style and select the details in the list to customize colors, fonts, font sizes, …
Once completed, click Save & Close.
4. Browse files by tree list
– By default, Notepad ++ will manage the working file as a card displayed at the top of the screen. This will make it difficult when you have to work with too many files at once. To make it easier to manage multiple files, you use the feature Folder as Workspace – allows you to view and browse files by directory tree.
– Click on it File On the toolbar, select Open Folder as Workspace. Select the folder containing the files you need to work with.
5. View 2 areas of the text at the same time
Open the file to work, select the card View. Click on it Move / Clone Current Document, choose Clone to Other View.
Once completed, the result will look like the image below.
6. Search for words or sentences in the text
Step 1: Press the key combination Ctrl + F and choose the tag Find.
Step 2: Enter the keyword to search for in the box Find what and choose Find all in All Opened Documents.
The result will be displayed in the table below the screen.
7. Replace words or sentences in the text
Step 1: Press the key combination Ctrl + H, choose card Replace.
Step 2: Enter keywords to replace in the box Find what and enter the replacement keyword in the box Replace what. Finally, click Replace All to replace all the words to be replaced in the text into the selected word.
Thus, Taimienphi has shared with you how to use Notepad ++ with some outstanding features in the most detailed way. In the process of understanding this editor, if there is anything you do not understand, please leave a comment below this article for Taimienphi to answer for you as soon as possible.