As the content said at the beginning. PERMUTATIONA is a calculation function that produces a number of permutations for a given number of objects (with repetition frequency) that can be selected from the total number of objects. This is also one of the functions in the group of statistical functions that are very popular in Excel.
How to use the PERMUTATIONA function in MS Excel
PERMUTATIONA function in Excel
PERMUTATIONA (number, number_chosen)
– Number: Integer specifies the number of objects, which is the required parameter.
– Number_chosen: Integer specifies the number of objects in a permutation, which is a required parameter.
– Function PERMUTATIONA Use the following equation:
2. Some notes when used
– If Number, Number_chosen not integers -> they are truncated to whole numbers.
– If Number, Number_chosen not numeric -> function returns error value #VALUE!
– If Number ≤ 0 or Number_chosen The function returns the error value #NUM!
3. Illustrative example
Calculate the number of permutations for a given number of objects (with repetition frequency) that can be selected from the total number of objects.
Step 1: Enter the syntax of the function calculated in the cell C3 as follows:
Step 2: You press the key Enter To get the result of the function:
Step 3: Copy the calculation function to the box below to get the corresponding result:
In the case of numeric arguments that use non-numeric data types, the function PERMUTATIONA will produce an error #VALUE! As below
If NumberNumber_chosen The function returns the error value #NUM!
Above is a post to share details on how to use PERMUTATIONA function in Excel. Hopefully this article will be of great help to you in your work and study.
In addition, you should not ignore the common Excel functions below:
– Using Vlookup function, the lookup function in excel
– Using Index function in excel
– Using and function in excel
If you find it interesting, don’t hesitate to share the post with your friends. Wish you always happy and successful working with functions in Excel.