Jaw POISSON.DIST is one of the functions in the group of statistical functions that is very popular in Excel. Use this function to help you calculate in excel to get a Poisson distribution.
How to use the POISSON.DIST function in MS Excel
POISSON.DIST function in Excel
1. Description and syntax
This is the function that returns the Poisson distribution, the application function to predict the number of events in a specific time. Support function from version Excel 2013 onwards.
= POISSON.DIST (x, mean, cumulative)
– X is the event number.
– Mean is the estimated numerical value.
– Cumulative is the logical value
– X and Mean is the required value
– Cumulative is an optional value. Cumulative = True -> returns the cumulative distribution function; Cumulative = False -> returns the probability block function.
– In case X if not an integer then it will be truncated.
– In case X or if the mean is not numeric then the POISSON.DIST function will produce an error #VALUE!
– In case X less than zero then the POISSON.DIST function will produce an error #NUM!
– In case the median value is less than 0 then the calculation function POISSON.DIST will produce an error result #NUM!
– Function POISSON.DIST with cumulative is False Calculated based on the formula:
– Function POISSON.DIST with cumulative is True Calculated based on the formula:
3. Illustrative example
Calculate the Poisson distribution with specific information such as the spreadsheet image below:
Step 1: Enter the syntax of the function calculated in the cell C3 as follows:
Step 2: You press the key Enter To get the result of the function:
0.151203882 is the Poisson distribution in the above example problem
In case X or if the median doesn’t have a numeric value, the POISSON.DIST function will produce an error #VALUE! As the picture below:
In case X is less than zero then the POISSON.DIST function will produce an error result #NUM! as shown below:
Share on we have just taught you how to use POISSON.DIST function in Excel, this is a calculation function that helps you produce a Poisson distribution.
In addition, you should learn and refer to the basic functions in Excel that Taimienphi.vn introduced, share to see and review formulas and how to use functions in Excel, wish you success. !