AutoRun virus is the virus that USB is most susceptible to. Instead of having to use specialized software to kill the virus, do you know how to manually limit it?
When your USB is infected with a virus, the virus will create a file called Autorun.inf to enable the autorun feature of the drive. And the next time you open the USB, you accidentally activate this virus. And what’s even more dangerous is that the virus has set its hidden properties to make it invisible to users. In today’s article, Taimienphi will show you how Protect USB from AutoRun virus Don’t use the software in just a few simple steps.
In principle, we will prevent the virus to create Autorun.inf file on USB. So we will create an Autorun.inf file on the USB and prevent them from overwriting. To do that, we have to convert all data in USB to NTFS format and set the right to prohibit overwriting the file Autorun.inf
Protect USB from Autorun Virus without using software
Step 1: Determine the name of the USB drive
You go to USB to see what your USB name is. In my case, the USB drive is called T
Step 2: Proceed to convert USB format to NTFS
You click on Start, type CMD already Enter to open the Command Prompt panel
When the Command Prompt panel appears, I will type it convert T: / FS: NTFS already Enter. (because my USB drive is called the drive T, You can write down your other drive letter). When does the line appear? Conversion Complete is done.
Step 3: Create a file Autorun.ini then insert into USB
– You press Start, tap on that notepad then press Enter to open Notepad program
– When Notepad window appears, you can type in any one or leave it blank. Then press combination Ctrl + S to save the file, rename it to autorun.inf and save to USB drive
– Continue to the USB drive, right click on the file Autorun.inf you just created, select Properties
– Section General, Click on the box Read-only then press OK, got it
Step 4: Prohibit all access to the Autorun.inf file you have just created
– You click Start, type in it cacls [tên ổ usb]: Autorun.inf / D Everyone then press Enter. In my case, I’ll type it in cacls T: Autorun.inf / D Everyone
– A table appears, press Y then press Enter is done.
Hopefully with our sharing, you have completely learned how to prevent Autorun.inf virus with just a few simple manual steps without using software. In addition, you can consult and use the USB protection software available in Taimienphi.vn to absolutely secure the data on the USB.
Autorun Virus now has many ways to remove, in addition to the above, you can remove Autorun with commands in CMD, refer to how to remove Autorun virus with commands on computers, PCs for more how to do it.