Although Windows 10 continues to be updated for faster operation and higher hardware capabilities, eventually, the performance of the computer will still decrease due to many factors, including compatibility issues, bugs or micro. virus draw and even hardware failure. Let’s speed up Windows 10 to run faster with 18 tips in the following article.
As we all know, Windows 10 provides default settings that are too suitable for most users across the globe. As we continue to download files and install software, the performance of the computer will decrease over time. By making some tweaks in Windows 10 installation, we can fix this problem quickly.
Table of Contents:
1. Use Disk Cleanup to remove unwanted files.
2. Disable applications that run in the background.
3. Disable programs that start with Windows.
4. Delete the unwanted Temp file.
5. Delete the Prefetch file.
6. Select High Performance power plan.
7. Adjust the system to increase productivity.
8. Edit the registry for the mouse and install MenuShowDelay.
9. Uninstall unnecessary programs and software.
10. Disable Fast Startup.
11. Disable Searching Indexing.
12. Turn off UAC.
13. Update drivers.
14. Optimize Folder Options.
15. Uninstall unused extensions and add-ons on web browsers.
16. Delete the Temp file by clicking on the Batch file.
17. Hide all non-Microsoft services.
18. Reset your computer without losing any files.
Instructions to speed up Windows 10
1. Use Disk Cleanup to remove unwanted files
Step 1: Search Disk Cleanup in the search bar above Taskbar.
Step 2: Click here Disk Cleanup to open the tool and select the drive you want to clean.
Step 3: Wait a few seconds for disk analysis tool.
Step 4: Select all files and press OK, got it.
2. Disable applications that run in the background
Go Settings> Privacy> Background apps and disable all unwanted background apps that are consuming your CPU and valuable data.
3. Disable programs that start with Windows
Step 1: First, you open Tast Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, click the tab Startup.
Step 3: Right-click on any programs and applications you want to disable to prevent them from starting with the system.
4. Delete the unwanted Temp file
Step 1: Right click on the icon Windows on Taskbar.
Step 2: Click on the icon Windows on the Taskbar and select Run.
Step 3: Import % temp% into the dialog box Run and press Enter.
Step 4: Delete all files in this directory.
Step 5: Open dialog Run again and enter temp, press Enter.
Step 6: Delete all files in the directory Temp.
5. Delete the Prefetch file
Step 1: Press key combination Windows + R to open the dialog box Run, import prefetch and press Enter.
Step 2: Delete all files in this folder.
6. Select High Performance power plan
– You go on Settings> System> Power & Sleep> Additional Power Settings.
– Choose High Performance power plan.
7. Adjust the system to increase productivity
This method eliminates unnecessary computer features including visual effects and other motion effects.
Step 1: Right click on the icon This PC on the screen. You choose Properties to open the window System Settings.
Step 2: Click here Advanced System Settings.
Step 3: Under settings Advanced, you click the button Settings … under the section Performance.
Step 4: Select tab Visual Effects> Adjust for best performance.
8. Edit the registry for the mouse and install MenuShowDelay
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open the dialog box Run, import regedit and press Enter.
Step 2: In the window Registry Editor, you browse the following:
– Control Panel
Step 3: Now, double click MouseHoverTime on the right and change Value data Fort ten.
Step 4: Continue to browse the following items:
– Control Panel
Step 5: Click here MenuShowDelay And change Value data Fort ten.
9. Uninstall unnecessary programs and software
Some software that consumes a lot of resources that you have previously installed may be the main cause of slow performance of Windows 10. In this case, you just need to uninstall the unused programs.
10. Disable Fast Startup
Step 1: Search Power options in the search bar of Taskbar and click on it.
Step 2: Choose Choose what the power buttons do from the left hand side of the window.
Step 3: In the window System Settings, you click on Change settings to change existing settings.
Step 4: Simple uncheck the option Turn on fast startup (recommended) under the item Shutdown settings.
11. Disable Searching Indexing
Although Searching Indexing helps improve search response, it can degrade the performance of Windows 10. Therefore, if you do not perform too much searching, turning off this feature is a necessary option. To stop / disable the Searching Indexing process, do the following:
– Right click This PC or My Computer and choose Manage.
– Go Services and Applications> Services.
– Find Windows Search and double click on it.
– Choose Disabled in the section Startup Type and click OK, got it.
12. Turn off UAC
The User Account Control (UAC) feature prompts the user each time before making any changes on the computer. This is the default setting on Windows 10. You can turn off this feature to make installing the program easier with the following steps:
Step 1: Import UAC in the search bar above Taskbar and click on the option that appears first.
Step 2: Slide the control button down to the item Never notify and click OK, got it.
Now, the PC will not prompt whenever you install software or make computer-related changes.
13. Update drivers
Update outdated drivers in your system. Just search for device driver in the search box. Then, click on the computer name from the list and select Scan for hardware changes.
14. Optimize Folder Options
Step 1: Search File Explorer Options in the search box of Taskbar.
Step 2: In the window that opens, click the tab View. Now uncheck the following options:
– Always show icons, never thumbnails
– Display file icon on thumbnails
– Display file size information in folder tips
– Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
– Show preview handlers in preview pane
– And Finally check the following options given below:
Next, choose the following options:
– Hide empty drives
– Hide extensions for known file types
– Hide folder merge conflicts
– Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
– Finally, click OK, got it to save changes.
15. Uninstall unused extensions and add-ons on web browsers
If you’re using Chrome, uninstall the extensions to help speed up the web browser and put less burden on the system. In the case of Mozilla, disable the add-on to make the browser run faster. With Microsoft Edge, you can also customize it. Users can also reset web browsers to accelerate them.
16. Delete the Temp file by clicking on the Batch file
Press key combination Windows + R to open the dialog box Run, import % temp% and press Enter. Then delete all the files in this folder. You can also create a Batch file and keep it on your computer screen so that whenever you click on this folder, all Temp files in your system will be deleted.
Temporary files in Windows 10 can be removed by creating a batch file. Executing this file will result in a thorough cleaning of all cookies, cache and any temporary data. How to create a batch file as follows:
Step 1: Right-click on the screen, go to the new item and select Text Document.
Step 2: Just copy and paste the code below into Notepad File.
del / s / f / q c: windows temp *. *
rd / s / q c: windows temp
md c: windows temp
del / s / f / q C: WINDOWS Prefetch
del / s / f / q% temp% *. *
rd / s / q% temp%
deltree / y c: windows tempor-1
deltree / y c: windows temp
deltree / y c: windows tmp
deltree / y c: windows ff * .tmp
deltree / y c: windows prefetch
deltree / y c: windows history
deltree / y c: windows cookies
deltree / y c: windows recent
deltree / y c: windows spool printers
Step 3: Save the file as speed.bat.
17. Hide all non-Microsoft services:
– Press the key combination Windows + R to open the dialog box Run, import msconfig and press Enter.
– Click on the tab Services and select the option Hide all Microsoft services.
– Click on Ok, got it to save changes.
18. Reset your computer without losing any files
If the above methods do not succeed, you can reset the computer. This way the computer runs faster and you will not lose any files.
To do this, you go ahead Settings> Update & Security> Recovery> Get started.
Then select Keep my files.
The reset process will take several hours.
If your desktop or laptop is running Windows 10, there are definitely times when you are looking for ways to speed up Windows 10 to run faster and here are 18 effective remedies that you can try to apply. .