Regardless of the size of your business, even a small online shop or a large company, when you use Facebook as a sales channel, you need to optimize, pay attention to the Standard Facebook image size have been specified so far.
Every once in a while, Facebook updates, resizes standard Facebook photos without notifying users. In this article, https://codon.vn will share with you about the latest standard Facebook photo sizes.
Standard Facebook image sizes for sales
- The standard Facebook image size in the post is only the minimum size, users post pictures of larger sizes, with the same ratio, Facebook will automatically optimize and display the full content.
1. Profile image size (Profile)
– Minimum size: 168 x 168 pixels
– Maximum size: 2048 x 2048 pixels
– Recommended size: 761 x 761 pixels
For older versions of Facebook, the Facebook avatar will be a square of 168 x 168 pixels. However, in the new version, while maintaining the same old standards, the displayed image turned into a circle. Therefore, when choosing or designing an avatar, you should take care not to place important details such as the logo located at the corners of the frame.
2. Cover size (Cover photo)
– Minimum size (Fanpage): 820 x 312 pixels
– Maximum size (Fanpage): 1985 x 745 pixels
The cover image appears at the top of the timeline of the Facebook page, which is also the first image that hits customers’ eyes when visiting. The cover image for an ordinary Facebook page will have a horizontal rectangle, with a ratio of 2.7: 1, minimum size of 851 x 315 pixels. As for the Facebook Fanpage, this ratio will be changed to 2.63: 1. Depending on your business plan, keep in mind the appropriate ratio and image size.
3. Preview image size (Thumbnail)
– Minimum size: 470 x 246 pixels
– Maximum size: 1200 x 627 pixels
When sharing a link from a website to Facebook, the system will automatically scan the images in that post, and select a preview image to represent it. If you choose an image that is 470 x 246 pixels or larger, Photo preview will display as a horizontal rectangle. In case the selected image is smaller than the default size, the system will automatically shrink to a square.
4. Size of photos posted in the timeline
3.1. When posting a photo
When posting photos on the timeline, you can post photos in different sizes and ratios. Then, the system will automatically align and display the appropriate size, but Taimienphi recommends using the following image sizes:
– Vertical rectangle: 476×714 pixels
– Horizontal rectangle: 316×476 pixels
– Square: 492 x 492 pixels.
Users should use images larger in size but proportional to the default size to have the best image quality displayed on Facebook.
3.2. When there are lots of pictures
In case you want to upload multiple images at a time. Depending on the size, the number of photos and the arrangement of Facebook will automatically align, and display in different ways.
TipsThe order in which images appear will affect how posts are displayed.
– In case of posting many square images:
+ 2 photos: 246 x 246 px for both.
+ 3 photos: 245 x 245 px for all.
+ 4 photos: 245 x 245 px for all.
+ 5 or more photos : show only the first 4 images. 245 x 245 px for all
– In case of posting multiple images horizontally:
+ 2 photos: 492 x 245 px for both.
+ 3 photos: 492 x 327 px with the top image, 245 x 163 px with the 2 images below.
+ 4 photos: 492 x 327 px for the top image, 163 x 163 px for the 3 images below.
+ 5 or more photos: show only the first 4 images. 245 x 245 px for the top image, 245 x 163 px for the 3 images below.
– In case of multiple vertical photos:
+ 2 photos: 245 x 492 px for both.
+ 3 photos: 327 x 492 px on the left, 163 x 245 px for the 2 on the right.
+ 4 photos: 327 x 492 px for the image on the left, 163 x 163 px for the next 3 images.
+ 5 or more photos: Only show the first 4 pictures. Size 245 x 245 px for the left image, 163 x 163 px for the next 3 images.
In case you post multiple photos with different shapes, Facebook will base on the first image to prioritize the arrangement into 1 of the 3 cases above.
5. Size of the event image (Event)
– Standard size: 785 x 295 pixels
Similar to the cover photo, the image size when creating events on Facebook is also a horizontal rectangle. However, for the best display of images on multiple devices, you should use images of 1200 x 628 pixels.
6. Image size for Facebook ads
Common Facebook advertising photos
With promotional images, just like when posting photos on the timeline. Depending on the number of images and picture frames that Facebook will have different arrangements. Here are some of the best optimal sizes, recommended.
– 1 photo: 2048 x 2048 pixels
– 4 horizontal rectangle images: 900x 603 pixels on top, 900x 900 pixels for the next 3 images.
– 4 vertical rectangle images: 598×900 pixels on the left, 900x 900 pixels for the next 3 images.
– 4 square photos: 900x 900 pixels for all 4 images.
Photo advertising Canvas Facebook
Facebook Canvas is a new form of advertising that helps increase interaction between sellers and potential customers. Canvas puts a lot of emphasis on images, the viewer experience.
– Recommended image size: 1200 x 628 pixels
– Title: Do not exceed 25 characters
– Main content: 90 characters
– Link description: 30 characters
In addition, you need to pay attention that the words in the article do not exceed 20% of the content.
Photo advertising of Carousel Facebook
With ads Carousel, Facebook allows users to use from 3 to 5 images and prefer to use square images.
– Recommended image size: 600 x 600 pixels
– Title: Do not exceed 40 characters
– Main content: 90 characters
– Link description: 20 characters
7. Image size for Facebook Stories
– Recommended image size: 1080 x 1920 pixels
The Stories feature is learned by Facebook from Instagram. And obviously, this interesting feature also attracts many users’ interest, suitable for advertising and sales. When the phone user clicks on Stories to view, the image will automatically display in full screen of the device. Therefore, the sharper the image, the clearer the display will be. You can refer to the recommended image size that Taimienphi shares or use other sizes at 9:16.
TipsAvoid placing important details at the top or bottom of the image.
Taimienphi has just introduced to you the standard Facebook image sizes to support business, increase the latest updated customers. Because Facebook frequently changes algorithms, users should bookmak, archive this article to see new changes updated https://codon.vn/ constantly. In addition, you refer more How to SEO Facebook when selling online here.