If STDEVP is a function of calculating standard deviation based on the whole population provided as an argument, what is the STDEV.P function in Excel? Find out in detail in the article below.
Jaw STDEV.P is one of the most popular statistical functions in Excel, this function calculates the standard deviation based on the whole of Excel.
STDEV.P function in Excel
How to use the STDEV.P function in Excel?
1. Description and syntax used
STDEV.P is a function that returns a standard deviation based on the whole population, ignoring logical values and text. Standard deviation is a measure of the dispersion of values against the mean. Support functions from Excel 2010 onwards.
STDEV.P (number1,[number2], …)
– Number1,[Number2], …: These are the values that you want to calculate the standard deviation, where Number1 is a required parameter, the remaining parameters are optional and contain a maximum of 254 Number parameters.
– Function STDEV.P Its assumption is that the whole argument.
– With large sample sizes ->STDEV.S, STDEV.P returns the same value almost.
– Standard deviation calculated using the “n” method.
– Arguments can be numbers, names or arrays that contain numbers.
– When typing logical values directly and presenting numerical values into function arguments -> these values are still calculated.
– Function error occurs when arguments are text or error values cannot be converted.
– If you want to calculate both logical values and text -> use functions STDEVPA.
– Equation STDEV.P use is:
+ x is the sample mean AVERAGE (number1, number2, …)
+ n is the sample size.
2. Examples of specific situations
Suppose you need to calculate the standard deviation based on the totals of values in the following data table:
Step 1: In the cell to calculate -> you enter the formula: = STDEV.P (B3: B7)
Step 2: Press Enter -> Standard deviation results based on an overall population are:
If the values of the elements in the set are text or logical values -> they are ignored:
If the case of the arguments is text or an error value cannot be converted into a number, then the function calculates STDEV.P will produce an error:
The article on Taimienphi.vn has just shared with you STDEV.P function in Excel, this is the standard return function based on the whole population, ignoring logical values and text. With this function, the Number argument is the value you want to calculate the standard deviation, where Number1 is a required parameter, the remaining parameters are optional and contain up to 254 Number parameters.
How to use the IF function is not difficult, this is also a basic conditional function and is used quite a lot especially for those who do accounting work using Excel. Please find out How to use the IF function Through the article on Taimienphi.vn.