Today, with strong support from the Microsoft Excel application, we can easily calculate standard deviations based on a sample using the STDEVA function in Excel.
The following article Taimienphi.vn would like to introduce to readers STDEVA function in Excel. This is one of the calculation functions in the group of statistical functions that are very commonly used in Excel today.
STDEVA function in Excel
How to use STDEVA Function in Excel?
1. Description and syntax used
This is a sample-based standard deviation function that includes both text and logical values. Standard deviation is a measure of the dispersion of a value against the mean.
STDEVA (value1, [value2], …)
– Value1, [Value2], ..: The values to calculate the standard deviation in Value1 are required parameters, the remaining parameters are optional and contain up to 254 value parameters.
– Function STDEV.S Assuming its arguments are a sample of the population.
– Standard deviation calculated using the “n -1” method.
– Arguments can be numbers, names or arrays that contain numbers.
– The logical value is equal to True The default is 1, the value False The default is 0.
– If the argument is an array or a reference, only values in that array are used.
– Function error occurs when arguments are text or error values cannot be converted.
– If you do not want to calculate both logical values and text -> use the function STDEV.
– Equation STDEVA use the formula:
+ x is the sample mean AVERAGE (number1, number2, …)
+ n is the sample size.
2. Examples of specific situations
Suppose you need to calculate the standard deviation based on a sample of the values in the following data table:
Step 1: In the cell to calculate -> you enter the formula: = STDEVA (B3: B9)
Step 2: Press Enter -> Standard deviation results based on a sample of the above values are:
Here the logical value is still calculated with its corresponding value.
– Where all values are logical or text values -> function returns results:
– Where arguments are text or an error value cannot be converted -> the function returns the error result:
The above are instructions along a specific example when you use STDEVA function in Excel. Use this function to help you estimate standard deviations based on a sample that includes both text and logical values. Wish you success working with this function!
The Count function is the basic and most commonly used data counting function for accounting professionals. Refer to the syntax and usage of the Count function through the tricks on Taimienphi.vn.