What is the STDEVPA function in Excel? What is the syntax and usage of this function? Please join us to follow the shared article below to better understand this STDEVPA function.
Jaw STDEVPA is a function of estimating standard deviations based on the whole population including text values and logic in Excel. This function is also one of the calculation functions in the group of statistical functions that are very popular with users.
STDEVPA function in Excel
How to use STDEVPA in Excel?
1. Description and syntax used
This is a standard deviation estimation function based on the whole population, including both text and logical values. Standard deviation is a measure of the dispersion of a value against the mean.
STDEVPA (value1, [value2], …)
– Value1, [Value2], …: The values to calculate the standard deviation in Value1 are required parameters, the remaining parameters are optional and contain up to 254 value parameters.
– Function STDEV.S Assuming its arguments are the entire population.
– For large sample sizes -> functions STDEVA and STDEVPA returns almost identical results.
– Standard deviation calculated using the “n” method.
– Arguments can be numbers, names or arrays that contain numbers.
– The logical value is equal to True The default is 1, the value False The default is 0.
– If the argument is an array or a reference, only values in that array are used.
– When numbers are represented by a text style when typing directly into the argument list -> that value is still counted.
– Function error occurs when arguments are text or error values cannot be converted.
– If you do not want to calculate both logical values and text -> use the function STDEVP
– Equation STDEVPA use the formula:
+ x is the sample mean AVERAGE (number1, number2, …)
+ n is the sample size.
2. Examples of specific situations
Suppose you need to calculate the standard deviation based on the whole population of values in the following data table:
Step 1: In the cell to calculate -> you enter the formula: = STDEVPA (B3: B9)
Step 2: Press Enter -> Standard deviation results based on the whole of the above values are:
If the arguments are text or an error cannot be converted ->, the function returns the result as shown below:
The article on Taimienphi.vn has just shared with you STDEVPA function in Excel. If the STDEVA function is used to estimate standard deviations based on a sample that includes both text and logical values, the function STDEVPA help you estimate standard deviations based on the whole population, including text values and logic. Wish you success working with this function on Excel.
The Value function in Excel converts a text string into a number that represents it. You can learn about the syntax and usage of the Value function through the article on Taimienphi.vn.