The best free CDR file editing software on Windows computers below allows you to edit CDR files, apply different effects and changes, and then export the edited CDR files to image formats. Other photos such as: SVG, EPS, PNG, ….
CorelDRAW (CDR) is an extension file primarily developed for CorelDRAW. The software Vector design used for creating scalable, high quality images, illustrations and collages. There is very little software that supports this vector format. There is also very little free CDR editing and viewing software.
Here is a list of software Edit CDR file best on Windows computers. In addition to providing features that allow you to edit .CDR files for free, these software also provide other features such as Object Creation, Object Manipulation, Object Transformation, Rendering, Color Manipulation, and more.
Note: Although the software on this list allows you to edit CDR files, it does not allow you to save edited files in CDR format anymore. You can instead save the edited CDR files to other image formats such as: SVG, EPS, PNG, ….
While this may not be the best solution, you won’t find similar free CDR file editing software.
1. CDR Inkscape file editing software
Inkscape is an open source CDR editor and free software that replaces Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Xara X, etc. This software allows you to open and edit CDR files.
Inkscape is a simple tool for creating and manipulating objects, and more. Inkscape has a variety of built-in tools to help you edit CDR files.
– Draw: Use this tool to render vector. You can use a pen, a pencil, or a calligraphy tool with different colors and shades to create the pattern you want. (Can understand patterns are patterns used to decorate images more vividly).
– Shape tools: Can use Inkscape to create rectangles, ellipses and polygons of different sizes. Add any color and place the shapes in any position you want.
– Embedded Bitmaps: Inkscape is used to create and embed bitmaps of selected objects.
– Object Transformations: You can move, rotate, or tilt different objects directly, or by specifying numerical values.
– Layer: Do your work on different layers. Lock, or hide individual layers, and rearrange these layers. Inkscape can form a hierarchical tree to create an object.
– Color Fill and Strokes: Color selector, Color picker tool, Pattern fills (bitmap / vectors), Dashed strokes, Path markers are all in Inkscape.
– Text Support: Add text to your CDR file. Use functions such as: Multi-line text, Kerning, letter spacing, line spacing, etc.
– Render: Inkscape has been used in anti-aliasing, supporting Alpha transparency for screens and PNG output.
In addition to the above features, Inkscape also provides users with other simple features such as: Align and Distribute, Stylesheet, Z-order and some other features. Inkscape is constantly developing and adding new features, and so this CDR editing software is becoming more and more popular.
Inkscape supports Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), a standard W3C format based on open XML. SVG is used in major operating systems such as Windows, MAC OS X and Linux.
And as mentioned earlier, you cannot save the edited file in .CDR format, but can only save the file in other formats such as .PDF, .WMF, .SIF, .GPL, .PNG,. EPS, …
Download Inkscape to your device and install it here: Download Inkscape
2. LibreOffice CDR editing software
Libreoffice is a free Office suite that allows you to open and edit CDR files. Libreoffice has powerful applications such as draw, word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, and so on. Libreoffice is open source and freeware. You can open and edit CDR files in the Libreoffice Draw tool.
Open your CDR file in Draw to make basic edits as well as advanced edits. You can add shapes, lines, arrows, curves, symbols, block diagrams, annotations and 3D. You can even color fill objects you want.
You can also add different fonts, and edit existing fonts. Grid lines can be useful in cases where you want to position objects exactly where you want them.
This CDR editor offers a maximum page size of 300cm x 300cm. This helps you create great technical drawings and posters perfectly. With the help of the tools available, you can also create visual and creative charts. Add Clipart, Hyperlink, Media, Chart, Table, Floating Frame …
In fact, Libreoffice can basically perform design tasks like almost any professional vector design software.
Like Inkscape, you can edit and manipulate CDR files on Libreoffice, but cannot export these files in CDR format. However, you can freely export images in other formats such as .PDF, .SVG, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, ….
Download Libreoffice and install it here: Download LibreOffice
3. Sdr5 cdr editing software
Sview5 is free photo editing software and is the portable version. This CDR editing software is a standalone tool that allows you to view and edit .CDR files. Sview5 incorporates many tools used to make edits:
– Rotate / Flip / Mirror: You can rotate the object 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees or rotate freely at any angle. You can also flip objects over X and Y planes.
– Image processing: Blur, Sharpen, Median, Convulate and add many effects to your images.
– Visual effects: Paint, Watermark, Mosaic, Oilpaint, Waxpaint, Slicing and many other effects are available to make different changes on your objects.
– Change the size: You can use options like Half size, double size and Free scaling to change the size of the object you are editing.
– Color Palette: Tools like Palette Editor, Optimize Palette, Invert Palette can be helpful in editing CDR files.
– Adjust the colors: You can easily change brightness, contrast, Gamma, and Colorimetry on the image you are editing.
– Color Manipulation: Convert your image to Greyscale (gray strip), or Antique (antique color). You can also apply red-eye correction filter on the image.
The above features are just a few of the many features of basic and advanced photo editing tools. Which includes other tools such as Color Depth, Alpha Channel, HDR Tool, Meta Information, Filters, ….
Sview5’s graphical user interface gives you access to most options through buttons and checkboxes. The software also supports layers, which makes editing images easier.
You cannot export the edited images in CDR format, instead you can export files in other image formats such as SVG, PNG, GIF, etc.
Download Sview5 to your device and install it here: Download Sview5
So with the software that Taimienphi has introduced above will help you choose for yourself software that supports editing CDR files more effectively on your computer.