Suppose you usually store your important files, pictures, data, documents on your hard drive. If unfortunately one day the hard drive is faulty, broken, do not worry because you can still recover and save your valuable data, just a little extra effort and time. , Here are some tips that you need to know when saving hard drive data.
Identify faulty hard drive
Imagine the hard drive on your computer is like a car, and you can know how it works, how it sounds, and how long it takes to run from point A to point B every day.
But if you notice any abnormalities with your hard drive, chances are it’s about time you have to replace your new hard drive for use. Taimienphi.vn recommends that you regularly back up the hard drive on your computer, in case you notice the following signs:
– If the sound of a hard drive is detected, or the computer sounds with abnormal signs, emitting strange noises. The cause of these strange noises is repeated frequently because the reader tries to write data while the hard drive has failed or corrupted.
– A number of performance-related issues, or some other issues such as computer crashes, freezes, blue screen of death, frequency of corrupted files is increasing, or as in The process of moving data to another folder or accessing data but on the screen displays an error message. If you notice this problem, you should back up or copy your important data to an external hard drive or other location more safely.
– The physical shape of the hard drive is also an indication that the hard drive is defective. Dust and other factors can also cause hard drive surface damage and damage. Try removing the computer hard drive carefully and checking for signs that the hard drive is damaged.
Tips to know when saving hard drive data
If you notice that the hard drive is about to fail, it is damaged. Here are some solutions and tips for you to check and confirm whether the problem is related to the computer hard drive or due to other problems or problems.
Note: The case if the cause is due to hard drive failure, when you apply these solutions, the risk of overwriting data and damaging the hard drive is higher. Ideally, you should turn off your computer and bring it to reputable data rescue centers for assistance.
Solution 1: Run Diagnostics Test. Most hard drive manufacturers offer free diagnostic tools to assess how hard drive is. Fujitsu, Western Digital, Seagate, and Hitachi all provide efficient diagnostic utilities that go far beyond standard diagnostic utilities built into the operating system. Visit the manufacturer’s support page to download and install the latest utility version.
Solution 2: Scan your computer for malware. Another possible cause of your computer crashing, the blue screen of death, may be due to spyware or adware installed on the system. Try running anti-virus and anti-malware software to scan whether your system is affected by these malware.
Solution 3: Run a disk defragmenter. Defragmentation and system optimization can also make a difference in performance, but this is rare. Newer versions of macOS automatically defragment, sometimes called Hot-File-Adaptive-Clustering, but on Windows users will have to run the Disk Defragmentor utility built into the system. operating.
Solution 4: Check all external connections. Although not important, but this solution should not be ignored. Make sure your hard drive is properly connected to the components on your computer.
Recover data from hard drive
If you determine the cause is hard drive error, you can refer to some options and solutions below to recover data.
Note: Taimienphi.vn does not guarantee all of the solutions below that can help you recover your precious files and data, but these are solutions that you can try to apply, before you think about bringing go to data rescue centers and facilities for assistance.
Step 1: If you still have access to another computer, you can mount the hard drive using a USB cable or dock. Try connecting a faulty, damaged hard drive to another computer and check if the hard drive containing your files and data is displayed after connecting to the active device.
If you’re using a Mac, you can connect the hard drive at risk of failure to another active Mac device via a FireWire cable.
During the process of opening the Mac, press and hold simultaneously T until the FireWire icon appears to boot the Mac into Target Mode, allowing you to access the target computer’s hard drive. Alternatively, you can access Target Mode by clicking System Preferences => Startup Disk Mode at the bottom right corner.
Step 2: Next download and install the data recovery software to get your data back. There are many free data recovery software and tools on the market. However, the limitation of free software is limited to some functions. Here Taimienphi.vn will introduce you to the list of effective data recovery software, including free and paid software:
– Recuva (for Windows / free): One of the effective free data recovery software not to be missed Recuva. Piriform’s software allows recovery of important files and data of users on the dead, damaged or formatted hard drive. In addition, Recuva also allows you to restore unsaved Word documents, deleted emails, music files or any data files.
Download Recuva and install it here: Download recuva
– TestDisk (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux / Free): TestDisk’s data recovery software is suitable for users with more computer experience. This software is designed primarily to recover lost partitions or hard drives that cannot be booted but requires users to operate on Command Prompt. The advantage of TestDisk is to recover data quickly and efficiently without overwriting the hard drive.
Download TestDisk to your computer and install it here: Download TestDisk
– FileSalvage (for Mac OS X / $ 80 price): FileSalvage is one of the best options for retrieving data from a faulty hard drive connected on Mac OS X. This paid software allows users to recover Recover over 100 different types of files on a defective, damaged hard drive. FileSalvage interface is quite simple and easy to use, is a great solution for users to save data on their faulty hard drive.
Download FileSalvage to your device and install it here: Download FileSalvage
– UndeletePlus (for Windows / $ 40 USD): UndeletePlus trial version can scan and detect recoverable files. To restore these files, users must upgrade to a paid plan. Basically, the UndeletePlus interface is quite beautiful, users need only one click to restore their data files, quickly and simply.
Download UndeletePlus to your device and install it here: Download UndeletePlus
– Data Rescue 3 (for Mac OS X / $ 100 price): Prosoft’s first data recovery software is the most expensive of the software Taimienphi.vn introduces in this list.. Data Rescue 3 allows scanning and copying data from a corrupted hard drive, with a higher data recovery rate than other software.
Download Data Rescue 3 and install it here: Download Data Rescue 3
Also, you can try Recover data with MiniTool Partition Recovery, a fairly effective software for you to recover data with high efficiency.
Step 3: If you apply all of the above solutions but still do not work, you will surely need to rely on the help of reputable data recovery experts or facilities to retrieve your important data. You can refer to the data rescue centers we evaluate below
=> Data rescue center in Hanoi
=> Data rescue center in HCM
Above are some tips to know when saving hard drive data. In addition, if you are using a Mac and accidentally deleted important files and data on Mac, readers can refer to the article how to Recover files on Mac OS X has deleted on Taimienphi.vn to know how to get your data back.