If you are running a website on content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, SquareSpace, or Wix, you probably upload images using the built-in tools. Or, you can use FTP software to upload various files to your website.
Top FTP software to transfer files to web domain
I. Why should FTP be used?
Integrated data updating tools such as WordPress use hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP). This method works effectively in most cases. Actually, this is the best way to transfer data. But, if your Internet connection is slow or you have to upload multiple files at the same time, then FTP is probably the more effective solution.
With the FTP software, you can start uploading files and move on to other tasks. If the connection goes down at any point, you can start from the same section without having to start over.
Down here, Taimienphi.vn Will introduce you to some of the best FTP software for transferring files to your website.
II. Best FTP software
Taimienphi’s criteria for choosing the best tool is that the program must be free, works effectively on Windows, and supports Secure Shell FTP (SFTP), a file encryption protocol when transmitting over an insecure network. . All of the software mentioned below features drag and drop support, makes it easy to use and has the ability to save FTP connection details.
You can see FileZilla whenever you mention FTP. Here are some reasons why you should use this tool:
– Supports FTP, FTP over TLS (FTPS) and SFTP
– Works effectively on Windows, Linux, and Mac
– Support a number of different languages
– Directory comparison (allows to compare the content of local and remote directory)
– Browse the directory synchronization (when local and remote directory matches, editing on the local directory will be synchronized on the remote directory and vice versa).
When installed, FileZilla will come with Avast Free Antivirus and McAFee WebAdvisor. These are two very useful applications, but if you don’t want to install them, you can uncheck the box before selecting next.
You can also install FileZilla FTP server on your computer to transfer files in the most convenient way.
– Download FileZilla here.
Cyberduck is another free FTP software for both Windows and Mac.
The free version of Cyberduck also has the same features as the paid version, such as:
– Can connect directly with Windows Azure, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, and other cloud services.
– Integrated with other editors. Depending on the file extension, Cyberduck will open the default program for processing.
– Connect to data distribution networks such as Amazon CloudFront and Akamai.
– Sync files between local computer and web server.
The app is completely free, but developers will be grateful if you donate money to help them maintain their work. You can donate $ 10 or more to Cyberduck to receive a registration key that disables the suggestion screen like below each time you want to close the application.
You can also buy it directly in the Mac App Store or Windows Store for $ 25. These versions will no longer have the above screen suggestion.
– Download Cyberduck here.
WinSCP open source FTP software is also a perfect and completely free choice. However, it is only available for Windows. WinSCP developers will also be grateful if you donate money to help them develop the program, but there won’t be a suggestion screen like Cyberduck.
Unlike other FTP software, WinSCP defaults to SFTP, so make sure you have the right connection information from the server. Usually, simply connect to a specific port, in addition to the default FTP port is port number 21.
The most typical feature of WinSCP:
– Can draft documents to automate tasks.
– User interface is changeable. You can switch between the classic Commander interface, much like Windows Explorer.
– Optional mobile application. You can get a version that can be used as a mobile application.
– Added Send To menu in context menu in Windows Explorer. Right-click a file and upload via FTP directly from within Windows Explorer.
Master Password. If you are managing multiple websites, you will have different passwords. The built-in password manager in WinSCP helps encrypt these passwords. You only need to enter Master Password and WinSCP will automatically use the correct password for each website.
– Download WinSCP here.
III. Where is the best FTP software?
It depends on your job requirements. If you need a simple and easy to use tool, choose FileZilla. If you can write drafts and want to automate FTP work, WinSCP would be the best choice. However, if you want to upload data to a variety of hosting services other than just FTP, then Cyberduck is a tool with many advantages. In addition to the above software, CuteFTP is also a widely used tool, you download CuteFTP here.
No matter which tool you choose, the above free, secure and multi-featured software will meet your requirements. Feel free to experience and share your feelings with Taimienphi.vn by commenting in the box below!