Are you performing variance calculations based on whole sets? You do not know which function to use in Excel to help you calculate and handle this problem? Please follow along to share about the VAR.P function in Excel to know how to calculate variance based on the entire set.
Jaw VAR.P is one of the functions in the group of statistical functions used by Excel users today. Using this function helps you perform variance calculations based on an entire population, ignoring logical values and text in Excel.
VAR.P function in Excel
How to use the VAR.P function in Excel
1. Description and syntax used
This is a function that calculates variance based on an entire population, ignoring logical values and text. This function is supported from Excel 2010 and later versions.
VAR.P (number1,[number2], …)
– Number1,[Number2], …): The arguments in the whole population that need to be calculated Number1 are required arguments, subsequent arguments are optional, and contain up to 254 number arguments.
– Function VAR.P Its assumption is that the whole argument.
– Arguments can be numbers, names or arrays that contain numbers.
– If the argument is an array or a reference, only values in that array are used.
– When typing logical values directly and presenting numerical values into function arguments -> these values are still calculated.
– Function error occurs when arguments are text or error values cannot be converted.
– If you want to calculate both logical values and text -> you use the function VARPA.
– Functional equation VAR.P was:
+ x is the sample mean AVERAGE (number1, number2, …)
+ n is the sample size.
2. Examples of specific situations
Suppose you need to calculate variance based on the entire set of values in the following data table:
Step 1: In the cell to calculate -> you enter the formula: = VAR.P (B3: B9)
Step 2: Press Enter -> The variance results based on the entire set of values are:
– Where the values are text or logic -> the function ignores these values:
– If the arguments are text or an error value cannot be converted -> The function will get an error:
So Taimienphi.vn has just taught you how to use VAR.P function in Excel. This is a function that calculates variance based on an entire population, ignoring logical values and text.
In addition, if you need a calculation to produce a result of variance based on an entire population, including logical values and text in Excel, then you need to use the function VARPA.Wish you success when working with functions in Excel!