Are you calculating to estimate variance based on a sample? You do not know which function to use in Excel to calculate processing? Please follow the article on how to use the VARA function in Excel shortly to know how to calculate variance based on a sample.
VARA is a function that calculates variance based on a sample, including logical values and text in Excel. This function is also one of the functions in the group of statistical functions that are very popular in Excel.
VARA function in Excel
How to use the VARA function in Excel?
1. Description and syntax used
This is a function that calculates variance based on a sample, including logical values and text.
The syntax of this function is:
VARA (value1, [value2], …)
– VARA (Value1, [Value2], …: The argument in the whole need to calculate the variance, in which Value1 are required arguments, subsequent arguments are optional, and contain up to 254 value arguments.
– Function VARA Assuming its arguments are a sample of the population.
– Arguments can be numbers, names or arrays that contain numbers.
– If the argument is an array or a reference, only values in that array are used.
– When typing logical values and presenting numeric values into function arguments -> these values are still calculated.
– Value TRUE The default is 1, the value FALSE The default is 0.
– Function error occurs when arguments are text or error values cannot be converted.
– If you do not want to calculate both logical values and text -> then you use functions VAR.
– Functional equation VARA was:
+ x is the sample mean AVERAGE (number1, number2, …)
+ n is the sample size.
2. Examples of specific situations
Suppose you need to calculate variance based on a sample of values in the following data table:
Step 1: In the cell to calculate -> you enter the formula: = VARA (B3: B9)
Step 2: Press Enter -> The variance result based on the sample of number values is:
Here the logical values are calculated corresponding to its default values.
– Where the value is text or logic -> the function still calculates and returns the result:
– If the arguments are text or an error cannot be converted ->, the error function is as follows:
The above is a detailed tutorial on how to use it VARA function in Excel, this is a calculation function that helps you get variances based on a sample, including logical values and text. Basically, this function is not too difficult, right? Remember the syntax of this function to apply when needed! Good luck.
The HLookup function is an important data lookup function that all Excel users need to understand and understand how to use. Together Taimienphi.vn learn more about the syntax and usage HLookup function all of you.